• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just going through my post interview analysis for a permie role and I can’t think what the correct answer is to this age old chestnut of a question?

I take it “Hopefully on £500 pd in a cushy contract role” wouldn’t have been the answer he was looking for?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

On a balcony overlooking the Bay of Naples being paid to drink wine and eat sausages while observing and reporting on the rumblings of Vesuvius.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Australia or Canada, having spent a few years working in Asia somewhere.

Maybe doing IT, preferably doing something else where I'm the boss, that pays enough without being too stressful.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Didn't you just laugh in his face and say "you are joking right?"

Comment

In your job
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

If I don't get the job, I'll be in prison regretting what I did to you.

Comment

The correct (permie) answer is:

Still working under your direction and control, doing your bidding, keeping my mouth shut and generally furthering your career. Sir.

Comment

"Still in the job you're interviewing me for. It would be my dream"

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  In your job
                  That may be the cheesy answer he expected but I'd be lying as I have no desire to become a bullyboy manager.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    In your job
                    That's the one I use.

Comment

Working...
                    X