• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurovision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurovision

16 to 1 for the UK to win, going to put down a bit on each way.

Think the little turd from Norway will win but it could be a profitable night.

Is there any purpose to Eurovision other than Terry Wogan taking the piss out of everything?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Is there any purpose to Eurovision other than Terry Wogan taking the piss out of everything?
      Not even that now, it's Graham Norton presenting.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Not even that now, it's Graham Norton presenting.
        So it's time for the UK to withdraw?

Comment

Ironically we have our best chance of winning it in years, apparently.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

WTF is the point of the UK 'winning' the Eurovision. A country that produced the Beatles, the Stones, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, sorry I'll rephrase that; invented pop, heavy metal, punk, indie and more, has no need to prove anything in front of a continent of musical know-nothings that haven't produced a half decent album since Wagner's Ring Cycle. (with the possible exception of Herman Brood)

OK, so the UK sends a pimped up band from the Butlins holiday camp to give the rest a chance, because if they sent Radiohead it would be like the New Zealand All Blacks entering the Little Wobblington sunday veterans charity sevens tournament.

Just stop this crap.
            Last edited by Mich the Tester; 14 May 2009, 14:11.

Comment

Actually it is quite a good song, not something I would ever dream of listening to but it has been cleverly arranged, multiple upwards key shifts and popular chord progressions. Does sound like something from a musical though.

Unfortunately Europe still thinks David Hasselhoff is a talented musician so it has no chance but I think it could get into top 5 easy.

Comment

no need to prove anything in front of a continent of musical know-nothings that haven't produced a half decent album since Wagner's Ring Cycle.
                I guess you won't be cheering for the Toppers then, Mich?
                Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Actually it is quite a good song, not something I would ever dream of listening to but it has been cleverly arranged, multiple upwards key shifts and popular chord progressions. Does sound like something from a musical though.

Unfortunately Europe still thinks David Hasselhoff is a talented musician so it has no chance but I think it could get into top 5 easy.
                  David Hasselhof is positively gifted compared to Holland's most popular singing duo

How can you even hope to win over people who pay good money to listen to tulip like that?

Comment

a continent of musical know-nothings that haven't produced a half decent album since Wagner's Ring Cycle. (with the possible exception of Herman Brood)
                    Come now, Germany alone has some fine bands;

Kraftwerk, Rammstein and Scooter spring to mind immediately...

That said, all French bands are utter, unmitigated dog-tulip.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X