• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Camera....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera....

Im now sick of normal digital cameras and now intend to move to more decent DSLR ones.

Im not a Pro but i really liked the results. My mate got a Cannon EOS 1000d (with lense) in a good offer last xmas in around 330ish. Im looking for 450D now, or any other decent brand in same category. My budget is at max £400(cheaper the better).

And is Canon series better than Sony alpha ?

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    Im now sick of normal digital cameras and now intend to move to more decent DSLR ones.

Im not a Pro but i really liked the results. My mate got a Cannon EOS 1000d (with lense) in a good offer last xmas in around 330ish. Im looking for 450D now, or any other decent brand in same category. My budget is at max £400(cheaper the better).

And is Canon series better than Sony alpha ?
    Linky

HTH
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
      Linky

HTH
      Or even here...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...ghlight=camera

Comment

Originally posted by BrianSnail View Post
        Linky

HTH
        Thanks!!! im already doing that. I just posted to get opinions from someone with more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
          Thanks!!! im already doing that. I just posted to get opinions from someone with more experience.

Canon & Nikon are the ones pros tend to go for mainly because they make better pro gear. At the consumer end, I'd doubt you'd find much difference between all the makes - canon, nikon, pentax, sony etc.

I'd go for the best deal you can get, but don't forget a good camera does not make a good photographer !

I would class myself as a very keen amateur with a few weddings under my belt. I don't have pro gear, but my favourite and best camera is a sony (DSC-R1, unfortunately no longer in production)

Comment

Some required reading to kick you off.

What do you want the camera for? Are you interested in learning more about manual photography?

Comment

Working...
            X