• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get-together

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get-together

I am fairly new to this forum and so I wondered if anyone had ever tried to organise a get-together of the contractors. I know that everyone is dispersed around the country but there must be concentrations around the main cities.

Jesus, now there's a scary thought

I think it's wise if we all stay as far apart as possible. Don't want any fights breaking out because Spod spills someone's prune juice.

Stay away...well away...
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by Arun V
      I am fairly new to this forum and so I wondered if anyone had ever tried to organise a get-together of the contractors. I know that everyone is dispersed around the country but there must be concentrations around the main cities.
      It would be surely interesting to meet the likes of N5Gooner, Steve'o, Dirty_old_man etc Look them in the eye and here what they have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Arun V
        Most of the people in here are burger flippers dreaming to be IT contractors. The problem comes at the first round when someone has to go and buy a drink. I have only met one person from this board, the noble Alf J Pruffock who is just as great in person as he is on this board. So I do believe that somehow what you show to be on this board reflect your real inner personality, that's why I wouldn't want to meet the majority on here.

Like Zeithghost for example. He must be a real giant lizard from Mars. I wouldn't want to return home with someone attached to my leg repeating "I've told ya, I've told ya"
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          Jesus, now there's a scary thought

I think it's wise if we all stay as far apart as possible. Don't want any fights breaking out because Spod spills someone's prune juice.

Stay away...well away...
          You calling my prune juice a poof?! Outside, now!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

get together !

oh dear !

Milan.

Comment

In the dim and distance past. Someone did organise a get together. In fact it was so long ago it wasnt when we had this board and it was on the one before EZboard. Obviously some of you youngsters wont have heard of Marillion either. Tut.

I cannot remember who this misguided fool was, but it was organised for London and he turned up with his mate who also posted on here. Needless to say no-one else up.

I know Mordac & have met Jacko and I know at least three others I have worked with introducing them to the board but in all honesty the majority of people on here will either be complete geeks incapable of holding a conversation except in cyberspace or beliigerent tossers who wouldnt turn up anyway.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

decisions decisions eh MF

what are your plans for growing your plan b ?

I am preparing a document of three growth strategy scenarios for my plan b, from the most conservative to the most risky and will make decisions accordingly

Milan.

Comment

Plan b. Im getting a little tired of this retail market. I am supposed to be starting on a new xmas lease tomorrow. The retail sector has changed beyond recognition. We were packed yesterday and our taking were 5th best of the week. People are looking but not spending. I am going to have to go into super sale mode at weekends to persuade people to buy. Crap really.

I have struck a deal with someone to setup a wholesale business. They are to run it and I am to be a silent partner on the front end, but act as buyer at the backend.

Most likely going to jack the shops in Jan as they are now using up to much of my time to contract - and focus back in on contracting, wholesale buying and internet sales. Least the xmas shop will get rid of an extra 40k worth of tat,so I should have 50/60k back at end xmas in the bank to play with.

Hows the sperm bank going?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

quite

decisions decisions

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X