• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk on independent consulting. Swindon. 10/06/2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk on independent consulting. Swindon. 10/06/2009

fyi.

Linky.

"A Consultants’ Forum – to Share Consulting Experiences"

Date: 10 June 2009
    Time: 18.30 start for 19.00 presentation

Changes in the workplace over the last couple of decades mean that far more of us are working as Independent Knowledge Workers: e.g. consultants, contractors, interim managers. The credit crunch may propel more of us in that direction.

This is your chance to find out about the pros and cons.

From first hand experience we take a look at what being a consultant is all about.

Cost: This event is free of charge and open to the general public

Organiser: The Institution of Engineering and Technology (Swindon Network).
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

The short, fat, bald, scruffy bloke at the back, scanning "Millionaire's Monthly" and trying to look important will be DimPrawn
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

The Institution of Engineering and Technology??

Never heard of 'em...

I guess the IMechE and IEE laugh at them. Are they trying to compete with the BCS?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This might be an interesting presentation.

There are plenty of resources out there about starting your own business and being an entrepreneur if all you want to do is sell hosepipes and other crap requiring no brain, but not very much info on starting an IT business.

Comment

Independent Knowledge Workers
          Gonna have to put that on my CV
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X