• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question time II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question time II

Just watching it on iplayer (was watching the apprentice instead)

Audience "Should the editor of the torograph by knighted for services to the British electorate?"

Fantastic!

So far Lib's are getting my vote if I were to vote at all...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Just watching it on iplayer (was watching the apprentice instead)

Audience "Should the editor of the torograph by knighted for services to the British electorate?"

Fantastic!

So far Lib's are getting my vote if I were to vote at all...
    Statistically they are likely to come out of this the least damaged of the major parties as there are fewer of them to cause damage in the first place
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Statistically they are likely to come out of this the least damaged of the major parties as there are fewer of them to cause damage in the first place
      Although the Ming was the only person the whole time to point out there are other issues important to this country than the lining of MP's pockets.

A considerable bunch are believe they are absolved from any wrong doing, one person pointed out: "how can the very same people by trusted to make decision for the rest of us?"

Revolution is what we need, how do we start one?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Persuading the Queen to dissolve parliament would be a good start...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

...change your name to Cromwell, get a funny hat and a horse.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            ...change your name to Cromwell, get a funny hat and a horse.
            And an army of 30k heavily armed and armoured men, artillery and cavalry.

Comment

Makes the rules on what a small company can claim a legitimate business expense seem like a joke book.

Avoiding taxes by offsetting expenses= subject to multiple rules regulations and scrutiny. Outright fraudulant expenses funded by the public purse = Honourable and within the law and unfettered until the public gets wind via the press.

You have to laugh
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Makes the rules on what a small company can claim a legitimate business expense seem like a joke book.

Avoiding taxes by offsetting expenses= subject to multiple rules regulations and scrutiny. Outright fraudulant expenses funded by the public purse = Honourable and within the law and unfettered until the public gets wind via the press.

You have to laugh
                I wonder how many ex MPs including a former Prime Minister claimed boatloads of cash and are now sniggering about their former colleagues discomfort.

Quite frankly this lot shouldn't be allowed to get away with just paying back some cash, they should be prosecuted for fraud just like we would be if we tried this sort of stunt even on a miniscule scale let alone on a wholesale basis like the MPs have.

Comment

and remember company expenses are only offset against tax, so only save a small proportion of income being paid out in tax.

MPs expenses are fully funded additional of their basic income and (were) subject to little scruitiny
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Dear Hector,

I forgot to pay tax last year because I was very busy. Now I'll say sorry and pay it. Not that it was my fault. That'll be OK then?

Yours,

Comment

Working...
                    X