• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the day!!!

Comedy job response of the day, this is the text of an email response to a Jobserve ad I hit the apply button on.

Thanks for replying to my job advert for the IT Project Manager in Yorkshire. Due to the volume of replies to this advert please could you answer the following questions in order for me to determinate your suitability for this role.
    Are you PRINCE 2 certified?
    Have you worked with SAP previously? If so, how many years experience do you have?
    Do you have any experience in the pharmaceutical industry?
    As mentioned in the job advert one of the critical areas of this is the daily rate the client is paying. They are ideally looking to pay IDEALLY £150 per day. What is the lowest rate you can give me for this role?
    I won't post my response, it's sufficient to say that I made some comments on what kind of PM would be prepared to work for that comical rate.

I got emailed about a job last week for £100 per day - Oracle Apps stuff, which would normally demand £500 per day!!

I told them they should go and tell the client to GGF!

It was Huxley like... (which is a bit like believing a story you read in The Sun)
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Comedy job response of the day, this is the text of an email response to a Jobserve ad I hit the apply button on.

I won't post my response, it's sufficient to say that I made some comments on what kind of PM would be prepared to work for that comical rate.
      Say that you'll do it for free provided that they pay for tea and biscuits. Ask if you need to bring your own toilet roll.
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

They are ideally looking to pay IDEALLY £150 per day. What is the lowest rate you can give me for this role?

Simple question, simple answer.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          What is the lowest rate you can give me for this role?
          I won't give you any rate for the role - the idea is you are supposed to pay me!

I hope you told her to spin.......

Disclaimer: Assuming you don't need to take a role at £150 per day.... If you do then go for it and good luck.
          I have no issue with anyone making the decision to work on a poor rate rather than sit on the bench on Zero rate.
          There maybe circumstances when £150 per day would be considered a good rate and I am not belittling anyone who considers this rate reasonable (or would even consider it godd) - I am just suggesting that I would consider the rate to be far too low for me to consider at any point in my contracting life and I can't foresee me ever considering a role at that rate.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
            They are ideally looking to pay IDEALLY £150 per day. What is the lowest rate you can give me for this role?

I gave the simple answer I just didn't post it in the thread.

I have my doubts that they will pay 3-5x their stated budget for a proper PM with SAP experience.

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            I won't give you any rate for the role - the idea is you are supposed to pay me!

I hope you told her to spin.......

Disclaimer: Assuming you don't need to take a role at £150 per day.... If you do then go for it and good luck.
            I have no issue with anyone making the decision to work on a poor rate rather than sit on the bench on Zero rate.
            There maybe circumstances when £150 per day would be considered a good rate and I am not belittling anyone who considers this rate reasonable (or would even consider it godd) - I am just suggesting that I would consider the rate to be far too low for me to consider at any point in my contracting life and I can't foresee me ever considering a role at that rate.
            I've contracted for 18 years as a tech and PM and I can't recall ever working for such a low rate. While I'm semi benched I'll manage without this particular contract.
            Last edited by TykeMerc; 15 May 2009, 12:48.

Comment

Can't remember who posted it (or even if it was this board), but there was a contract the other day paying £10ph. The agent said, "if you don't like the rate then don't apply". As a contract, that must be loss maker?
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

"in order for me to determinate your suitability for this role."

Was the agent´s name Mr G.W.Bush?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Are you PRINCE 2 certified? No thank you, I´m educated and I'd prefer to keep my brain intact.
                  Have you worked with SAP previously? Yes
                  If so, how many years experience do you have? A number of them.
                  Do you have any experience in the pharmaceutical industry? Yes

As mentioned in the job advert one of the critical areas of this is the daily rate the client is paying. They are ideally looking to pay IDEALLY £150 per day. What is the lowest rate you can give me for this role? £150 per hour
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

It's tha ABC of a negotiating technique if you know the minimum of the other party you have already won the negotiation.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X