• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agile development - overview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agile development - overview

Can anyone suggest and/or recommend a course to give me an overview of the agile development methodology? I know what it is but not the details but would be interested in understanding from a PM perspective.

TIA.

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    Can anyone suggest and/or recommend a course to give me an overview of agile development? I know what it is but not the details but would be interested in understanding from a PM perspective.

TIA.
    Bodge it, Ship it, Bodge it.

Claim you are a Pig

HTH

Comment

I have this book

Gives a good introduction to each of the main Agile methodologies.
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

agile development is the bane of my life, the cowboys here using the Business Mashups cr@p are also working alledgedly using Agile development..

stay away IMO
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Stand up in front of a white board every morning telling stories. Then pair-up with some knob-jockey and write a test method called:

shoudDoSomethingReallyObviousWhichWeCanEasilyTellF romTheCodeButWeAreGoingToWriteAConvolutedTestWithS omeWackyNewMockingFramework()

When it doesn't work after two of you have wasted most the day, you adopt a 'JFDI' strategy and code it 'naked'. In the afternoon you attend a Show 'n Tell on the client's time where another agilist demonstrates their information radiator build status configuration tray-icon application written in Grobbles on Brail (v1.1) Then you go home.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Stand up in front of a white board every morning telling stories. Then pair-up with some knob-jockey and write a test method called:

shoudDoSomethingReallyObviousWhichWeCanEasilyTellF romTheCodeButWeAreGoingToWriteAConvolutedTestWithS omeWackyNewMockingFramework()

When it doesn't work after two of you have wasted most the day, you adopt a 'JFDI' strategy and code it 'naked'. In the afternoon you attend a Show 'n Tell on the client's time where another agilist demonstrates their information radiator build status configuration tray-icon application written in Grobbles on Brail (v1.1) Then you go home.

Brilliant.

You should write an Agile Development for Dummies book, Swamp.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Brilliant.

You should write an Agile Development for Dummies book, Swamp.
              Thanks! But I prefer Drewster's succinct "Bodge it, Ship it, Bodge it. I am a Pig."
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Thanks! But I prefer Drewster's succinct "Bodge it, Ship it, Bodge it. I am a Pig."
                Yeah you're right. Anything with 'Agile' in the title has to have been dreamed up by a bunch of cocklords, hasn't it?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Try Google video

Comment

Working...
                  X