• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dying of the light..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dying of the light..

....of reason continues:

Medicines regulator grants first ever licence to homeopathic remedy

The UK medicines regulator has granted its first licence to a homeopathic remedy under controversial new rules allowing complementary therapies to make medicinal claims.

The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has granted an arnica homeopathic product a licence for the relief of sprains or bruising.

Experts say that it contains zero active ingredients and condemned the decision as a “cynical mockery of evidence-based medicine”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6294395.ece

Bored.

Back to the dark ages

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      ....of reason continues:

Medicines regulator grants first ever licence to homeopathic remedy

The UK medicines regulator has granted its first licence to a homeopathic remedy under controversial new rules allowing complementary therapies to make medicinal claims.

The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has granted an arnica homeopathic product a licence for the relief of sprains or bruising.

Experts say that it contains zero active ingredients and condemned the decision as a “cynical mockery of evidence-based medicine”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6294395.ece

Well you don't seem very evidence based when arguing against climate change so why expect other people to be?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have used arnica for bruising and can categorically state that it did not lessen the effect of the bruise nor speed up the healing of it.

What a load of rubbish.

(a bruise will take 14 days to clear, with or without arnica...)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I have used arnica for bruising and can categorically state that it did not lessen the effect of the bruise nor speed up the healing of it.

What a load of rubbish.

(a bruise will take 14 days to clear, with or without arnica...)
          Arnica is not a homeopathic remedy though, is it?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Good plan B for benched contractors as long as your home has running water and a few herbs in the garden. Oh forget the herbs, you don't really need them anyway.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Arnica is not a homeopathic remedy though, is it?
              But it is the reason for the original post...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Good plan B for benched contractors as long as your home has running water and a few herbs in the garden. Oh forget the herbs, you don't really need them anyway.
                Dilute your piss in a small, expensively labeled bottle - just as much use and easily as profitable.

Comment

Homoeopathy is mostly rubbish, but then again isn't most of what GP's dispense of a similar nature? Isn't there clinical proof that placebo's work? 99.9 times out of a hundred the body repairs itself, with a bit of outside help.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Dilute your piss in a small, expensively labeled bottle - just as much use and easily as profitable.
                    Guaranteed remedy for thirst!
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X