• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh for FFS...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh for FFS...

Tenants fears over home loss

Frank Bertwhistle is a 39 year old software developer living in rented accommodation with his family in Sheffield.
    I heard software developers earn thousands of pounds a week, stand on your own two feet man.

My step dad has only just managed to evict a junky who didn't pay rent for 12 months, it cost him his health because at 65 he had to drive a taxi all hours just to make ends meet. Whinging tenants make me sick, are we supposed to fell sorry for the guy who could just rent somewhere else? What about the landlord who has far more to lose?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Whinging tenants make me sick, are we supposed to fell sorry for the guy who could just rent somewhere else? What about the landlord who has far more to lose?
    Tenant here.

On the bench.

Who doesn't own two or more properties.

Who, without a gig, is unable to move.

And will be homeless when the warchest runs out.

Feeding landlord woes in to the Sympathy Detector now...

No. The needle didn't move. Sorry.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Tenant here.

On the bench.

Who doesn't own two or more properties.

Who, without a gig, is unable to move.

And will be homeless when the warchest runs out.

Feeding landlord woes in to the Sympathy Detector now...

No. The needle didn't move. Sorry.
      Well assuming you've paid NI suitably you could claim Housing Benefit (or whatever it's called) to pay the rent....

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Well assuming you've paid NI suitably you could claim Housing Benefit (or whatever it's called) to pay the rent....
        Can you?

The buggers never told me that last time I was signed on.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

And the beauty is you can spend housing benefit on whatever you like as no-one is going to force you to pay the rent.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Hi,

I know that's not the place but..

How can i send an MP?

Cheers (:

Comment

Totally agree. Landlord/tenant arrangements in the private sector should be a matter of contract agreed, nothing else. Other than to enforce the contract the law should have nothing to do with it.

My father had a couple of low cost rented properties. You are quite right, too many tenants are parasites, expect the earth and stop paying rent when it suits.

One could argue for social protection in some circumstances (although not being a lefty, I don't) but the cost of that should fall on the taxpayer as a whole, not on individual landlords.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

And the beauty is you can spend housing benefit on whatever you like as no-one is going to force you to pay the rent.
                Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Totally agree. Landlord/tenant arrangements in the private sector should be a matter of contract agreed, nothing else.
                I don't understand.

Every tenancy agreement I've had for the past 8 years (about six) have said I will be evicted within a month if I miss a payment.

Each contract actually comes with the eviction notice.

Is that because I'm going through a letting agency instead of a person-to-person arrangement privately?

Comment

Tenants fears over home loss

I heard software developers earn thousands of pounds a week, stand on your own two feet man.

My step dad has only just managed to evict a junky who didn't pay rent for 12 months, it cost him his health because at 65 he had to drive a taxi all hours just to make ends meet. Whinging tenants make me sick, are we supposed to fell sorry for the guy who could just rent somewhere else? What about the landlord who has far more to lose?

Stop ******* whinging! The guy has being paying his rent but his landlord hasnt been making payments on his BTL's ffs. The tennant is rightly angry because he's been paying rent on time but the landlord hasnt been paying his mortgages. The first the tennant knew was when he got a letter of eviction.

Just because someone is earning a wedge doesnt mean they cant or shouldnt rent.

Im sorry for your old fella but the two circumstances are vastly different.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    I don't understand.

Every tenancy agreement I've had for the past 8 years (about six) have said I will be evicted within a month if I miss a payment.

Each contract actually comes with the eviction notice.

Is that because I'm going through a letting agency instead of a person-to-person arrangement privately?
                    Scare tactics and not enforceable in law.
                    As a tennant if you stop paying rent there is no way on earth the landlord could get you out in a month if you wanted to be and arse. Just refuse to leave and make up some bollocks about the house not being fit, the landlord has no rights to enter the property without a court order and police presence, which can take years to get...
                    Still Invoicing

Comment

Working...
                    X