• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only one person in the world has ever forgotten he'd paid off his mortgage...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong...

A Labour backbencher has used his parliamentary expenses to claim for a mortgage that had already been repaid, according to The Daily Telegraph.

David Chaytor has admitted claiming £13,000 in interest payments, the paper said.

This was a similiar allegation to the one made against another Labour MP, Elliot Morley.

He was later suspended from the parliamentary Labour Party.

From September 2005 to August 2006, former university lecturer My Chaytor claimed £1,175 a month mortgage interest on his Westminster flat.

But Land Registry records show it had already been paid the previous year.

Now where's my shotgun, I've had enough of this....

'elf and safety guru

Two and counting....

Comment

I should have started a poll?

Oh no, that's right... We're contractors. We have to account for every single penny. I'm pretty sure that even the dimmest forum members (ATW and Cyberdork, I'm looking at you here) would know the exact day that they'd finished paying off their mortgage....
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
      X