• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom is back in town!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom is back in town!

http://www.home.co.uk/asking_price_i...ndex_MAY09.pdf

The mix-adjusted average Asking Price for homes on the market in England
    and Wales has risen 1.1% since April.

http://miranda.hemscott.com/static/c...78/2116258.pdf

New sellers push up asking prices by 2.4%, driven by a mixture of ambition, optimism and necessity

This month sees a jump in new sellers’ average asking prices more reminiscent of a boom market.

This is the largest May rise Rightmove has measured since 2003, when property was seeing annual rises in excess of 15%.

You see, it's all sorted now, asking prices are going through the roof! This time next year CyberTory and I will want at least £1M for our humble sheds.

A house is worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      A house is worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it.
      Obviously not, it is worth what the seller thinks it is, or it's not for sale.

The graph shows that there's no property crash in the seller's mind, infact it's mega boom time!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Obviously not, it is worth what the seller thinks it is, or it's not for sale.

The graph shows that there's no property crash in the seller's mind, infact it's mega boom time!
        That has been confirmed by a friend of mine looking in St Albans. Asking prices are same as early 1997. I suppose at least they have not risen......

Comment

Interesting psychology at work here. When a person is selling, they expect top dollar. Having acheived a sale, the same person expects a mega bargain. Houses are still probably 35% to 50% above the long term affordability criteria on the whole though.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Bloomberg: The U.K. property market is a screaming buy compared to rivals in continental Europe.

FFS
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Indeed, it's bargain city out there, with some properties £5 below their 2007 peak!

Fill yer boots!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                http://www.home.co.uk/asking_price_i...ndex_MAY09.pdf

The mix-adjusted average Asking Price for homes on the market in England
                and Wales has risen 1.1% since April.

http://miranda.hemscott.com/static/c...78/2116258.pdf

New sellers push up asking prices by 2.4%, driven by a mixture of ambition, optimism and necessity

This month sees a jump in new sellers’ average asking prices more reminiscent of a boom market.

This is the largest May rise Rightmove has measured since 2003, when property was seeing annual rises in excess of 15%.

You see, it's all sorted now, asking prices are going through the roof! This time next year CyberTory and I will want at least £1M for our humble sheds.

Seriously, do you have a gig?

Or do you spend all your time on house related websites?

You're not Paul Torissi are you?

Comment

Strategists at New York-based Citigroup Inc. said in a report last week the pound is “among the most undervalued major currencies,” trading almost 15 percent below “fair value” versus the dollar. Barclays Plc predicts it will rise as much as 18 percent against the dollar and 11 percent versus the euro in the coming year. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. sees a 23 percent gain versus the dollar and 15 percent advance against the euro.
                  Damn - I'm still paid in dollars - so the days of plenty are over all too soon.

Comment

Statistics can be misleading....

Asking prices in Kensington and Chelsea have risen over 20%.

Boomed? No, lots of top-end (ie £10m) houses are being dumped on the market as their owners are desperate for cash.

In the borough of Camden detached house prices (by sales) were up %127.

Boomed? No because only seven detached houses were sold in the last year. One sold for £55m which would rather skew the measurement!!
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X