• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dib Dib - new Scout leader

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dib Dib - new Scout leader

Bear Grylls has taken over from Peter Duncan as Scout Leader.

Were you in the scouts when you were younger ? Are you still involved with them ?
    I went to Tord Vale with them twice, I remember jumping into the open air pool which was so cold that I came out with two lumps in my neck

Bear Grylls

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Bear Grylls has taken over from Peter Duncan as Scout Leader.

Were you in the scouts when you were younger ? Are you still involved with them ?
    I went to Tord Vale with them twice, I remember jumping into the open air pool which was so cold that I came out with two lumps in my neck

Bear Grylls

I think you meant DYB DYB DYB.
    Cub, Scout, Venture Scout, Venture Scout Leader and Scout Fellowship.

Dont have any time for it these days but still lend a hand where I can. Was on the service crew for Zellhof (a camp site in Austria) for a while.

Turd Vale eh! Ever take part in the Mersey Moot?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Was in a Wolf Cub troop in South Africa which was based in the stables of Baden-Powells' house there which is in Modderfontein and just round the corner was the largest dynamite factory in the world, which used to occasionally emit loud explosions followed by a lot of sirens.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I was in Beavers, Cubs and Scouts

Cubs was brilliant, went camping loads, went to Amsterdam, tried my first ever Stella Artois (yes I was aged 9)

Scouts was rubbish IMO, I think it was the scout pack I was in that was being run into the ground that made it so rubbish but either way I was in "big school" by then and had other friends
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          I think you meant DYB DYB DYB.
          Cub, Scout, Venture Scout, Venture Scout Leader and Scout Fellowship.

Dont have any time for it these days but still lend a hand where I can. Was on the service crew for Zellhof (a camp site in Austria) for a while.

Turd Vale eh! Ever take part in the Mersey Moot?
          It was dib dib when I was in, they changed it later because there is no 'I' in scouting. I never got to the Mersey moot, it sounds like I missed a lot of fun there

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

It's DYB - it means Do Your Best.

I was a Cub, Scout, Venture and Leader (15 yrs), Queens Scout, County Mountaineering Team, Wood badge etc. I'm just re-applying for an Assistant Beaver Leaders warrant.
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith View Post
              It's DYB - it means Do Your Best.

I was a Cub, Scout, Venture and Leader (15 yrs), Queens Scout, County Mountaineering Team, Wood badge etc. I'm just re-applying for an Assistant Beaver Leaders warrant.
              It's 'Do Your Best' now
              in those days it was 'Do It Better'

I'm struggling now, help me someone

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

I run an Explorer Scout (14ish to 18ish) unit - it is a lot of fun.

Comment

Didn't the "Bear" get found out for making up many of his "dangerous" stunts for one of his discovery channel thingies?

Why isn't it Mears-o anyway? He is surely the God of the Scouts.
                  Bored.

Comment

It was 'DYB DYB DYB' followed by 'DOB DOB DOB' (Do Your Best, Do Our Best)
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X