• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't be complacent !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be complacent !!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090518/...d-41f21e0.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8054881.stm

Please stop this - you seem to be hoping for a flu pandemic

Comment

Or perhaps just warning us not to be complacent.

It hasn't worked with me btw.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I wonder what would happen if they crossed the Swine Flu with Bird Flu?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Others seem convinced that it will not happen. My view is that if people think it will not happen, then it could because they will ignore taking precautions. If you look at the stats over the past few days we are seeing a major escalation. The best thing is to fear the worst could happen, and thus continue to take the utmost precautions.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            I wonder what would happen if they crossed the Swine Flu with Bird Flu?

You get flying pig flu !!

Comment

I had the flu the other week - does that mean I am safe now?
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                Others seem convinced that it will not happen. My view is that if people think it will not happen, then it could because they will ignore taking precautions. If you look at the stats over the past few days we are seeing a major escalation. The best thing is to fear the worst could happen, and thus continue to take the utmost precautions.
                Please tell me what precautions you take against the very real risk of being hit by a meteor.
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  I had the flu the other week - does that mean I am safe now?
                  No! it means that you are at a higher risk level because your immune system will be impaired for several more weeks, didn't you read the government warnings?

I would recommend digging yourself a bunker and hiding away for a few months
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    Please tell me what precautions you take against the very real risk of being hit by a meteor.

I stay as far away from meteors as possible, just as I do with swineflu.

Comment

Working...
                    X