• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!!

Well popped... Worst rate ever but better than nothing and it keeps my SC going. <small>

Plus I've got an interview for a much better role so I'm already planning my exit strategy before I've even started should that come off, there's 'no notice' on my side so I'll cross that bridge should I come to it.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Well done GJ
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Well popped... Worst rate ever but better than nothing and it keeps my SC going. <small>

Plus I've got an interview for a much better role so I'm already planning my exit strategy before I've even started should that come off, there's 'no notice' on my side so I'll cross that bridge should I come to it.
      Good Man!!

Delighted for you
      Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
      I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

'elf and safety guru

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

beats going blind all day!

Comment

This has to be good news for everyone else sitting crying into their bench pints.

Keep your chins up - every day another one of us is getting something else.

Massive congrats ginge,

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Congrats... sounded like the benchdom was starting to knock your confidence so I'm made up for you!

If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Also, if possible gigs seem thin on the ground, it's worth remembering that they seem to come in bursts, or so I've found. For two or three days not a squeek, and then several come along all at once like buses.

Mind you, I dread to think how many people are applying for each contract at the moment. There's little doubt that you must be an exact fit for the requirements, and no question of clients stretching a point with any of the "desirable" skills you may lack (which is probably their loss in many cases).
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
                    Congrats... sounded like the benchdom was starting to knock your confidence so I'm made up for you!

I've been benched for far longer before but that was always due to me hanging on looking for the perfect role with top rates, this time was different as the floor just seemed to be getting lower and lower.

I have family commitments now so sitting back and balking at poor rates wasn't really an option, as much as I love spending time at home with my wife and daughter it does make me feel a little inadequate when I'm are supposed to be the bread winner, especially as my wife was working extra hours in her poorly paid part time council job to help out.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X