• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why can't Agents and Companies sort themselves out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't Agents and Companies sort themselves out?

I'm getting really frustrated with Agents not returning my calls (when they have submitted me for roles), and companies advertising jobs without having the budgets and then put the job on hold because they can't get the budget.

Why can't Companies sort this stuff out before they advertise a job? (after all its wasting money!) and why can't agencies just tell you when you haven't made it to interview rather than just ignoring you?

Is it really too much to ask or am I living on planet la la land?

Originally posted by GardenGirl View Post
    am I living on planet la la land?
    Yes. I think many agents and big companies often advertise roles just to test out the market.

That's the way it is, and it probably won't change.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If they waited to get the budget there would no no jobs advertised for next 6 months.........

Comment

I'm getting really frustrated with Agents not returning my calls (when they have submitted me for roles), and companies advertising jobs without having the budgets and then put the job on hold because they can't get the budget.

Why can't Companies sort this stuff out before they advertise a job? (after all its wasting money!) and why can't agencies just tell you when you haven't made it to interview rather than just ignoring you?

Well I would consider it common curtesy.... but pimps don't apparently.

No doubt we will be told that its because (once we haven't got the role) we are worthless to the pimp and they have "too many" unsuccessful candidates to phone/advise........ but Ipersonally remember such "slights" and when given the option avoid these pimps in future....
        ie When I see a role offered by two pimps I don't go to the *rse who can't be bothered to phone me.... caveat I don't let it bother me too much - so if its only the *rse offering the role I don't spite my face (so to speak)

Comment

I can count on the fingers of .. er .. one finger how many pimps have ever called me back when unsuccessful. It's the norm, so don't get stressed about it.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Don’t confuse ‘agent’ with ‘a gent’, madam.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Next you will be asking for company without internal politics, fiefdom building, where accountants just manage the figures and don't control the company , where all those in charge have a clue about what they making decisions about because they were all promoted due to ability to do the job instead of how good they were at playing politics, where users actually have a basic understanding of the computers they sit in front of all day, where everyone is working harmoniously together for the short and long term betterment of the company,

In short, yes you are asking to much

Comment

Too, to, or two? I blame it on text speak!
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

1 - agents are twats, but if I was receiving 100+ CV's I probably wouldn't be calling everyone back. I'd have a standard email response saying thanks, we will be in touch IF you are successful etc.

2 - companies having their act together is debatable, but while annoying, I can't blame them for advertising roles even if the budget is not quite signed off yet. It means when (if!) it get's signed off they'll be able to move quickly. This is a downside for us contractors, no doubt about it, but we have to be flexible.

3 - it also makes sense for them to monitor the market, but I am not sure how much time manager gets to do market research.

Comment

Working...
                  X