• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

the Speaker's statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Speaker's statement

...to those who have seen or heard this - does this guy take the concept of "not understanding the severity of the issue" to a whole new level or what?

Big crisis....people want me out, other people want the people who want me out out....so I know, LET'S HAVE A MEETING

Is this guy American or something??
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

He's an arrogant, corrupt idiot and must resign. He is responsible for much of the expenses debacle as he has obstructed reform at every turn.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberTory View Post
      He's an arrogant, corrupt idiot and must resign. He is responsible for much of the expenses debacle as he has obstructed reform at every turn.
      For once, a rare occasion on which I agree with every word. It is a shame too, all the same sad cliches about him having been targeted by a Metropolitan elite because he's a poor boy from Glasgow made good are being trotted out. What the speaker doesn't get is that by being such an idiotarian, he's helping to perpetuate that narrow-minded thinking, not being a victim of it.

Comment

Fantastic stuff. Who were the two old duffers who gave apoplectic speeches afterwards where they were nearly crying.

I love this. "We've all been on the rob and it's YOUR fault because YOU didn't do anything about it."

Incidently, George Osbourne has quietly had to repay £400 he claimed for a chauffeur driven car to take him from some constituency piss-up in Cheshire back to London because he missed the last train. Haven't seen that one in the nationals (yet).
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Fantastic stuff. Who were the two old duffers who gave apoplectic speeches afterwards where they were nearly crying.

I love this. "We've all been on the rob and it's YOUR fault because YOU didn't do anything about it."

Incidently, George Osbourne has quietly had to repay £400 he claimed for a chauffeur driven car to take him from some constituency piss-up in Cheshire back to London because he missed the last train. Haven't seen that one in the nationals (yet).
          Yeah - up to a point, however MPs also passed a freedom of info Act and then the speaker spent a good few thousand of our money trying to get it bent not to apply to them (including himself and his not so faultless record of troughing). The irony is that if he hadn't, we wouldn't know as much as we do now about the MPs being on the rob - maybe that's why they're so annoyed with him.

Comment

Well then, what can a poor boy do
            Except to sing for a rock 'n' roll band
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

To quote Oliver Cromwell:

"Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place into a den of thieves by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get their gievances redress'd, are yourselves become the greatest grievance. Depart immediately out of this place; go, get you out! Ye venal slaves be gone"
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

But doesn't this whole concept seem stupid?

They want to debate getting rid of the speaker, fair enough. Who do they have to ask to allow that debate? The speaker!

That's like the House of Commons asking the House of Lords to vote on removing the House of Lords....

D'oh
                'elf and safety guru

Comment

I watched it last night on the news.... it was car crash tv

He has to go.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Another thought - isn't one of the main requirements of a "speaker" that he should be able to.....speak??

That speach of his was an utter shambles.

Comment

Working...
                    X