• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the Day (or rather 2 days)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the Day (or rather 2 days)

Look at the vast list of skills required for this 2-day Linux contract
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

... and to mentor ....
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Look at the vast list of skills required for this 2-day Linux contract
      Plenty cheapness
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Going from past experience, I doubt that you'd even have working accounts and a PC or desk before the end of day one.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Going from past experience, I doubt that you'd even have working accounts and a PC or desk before the end of day one.
          Or indeed sufficient time to fill in the clientco timesheet.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Heh, got a lot of those skills (but not all of them). 2 day role hey? Why don't they just advertise for a mysql dba with apache on Linux experience, to administer the system over 2 days. It's not as if 2 weeks would be enough for this :-
            Ability to gather requirements, design and implement appropriate solutions Strong process oriented experience in terms of implementation and completion
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

How about this then

Senior Project Manager X6 Contract

Project Manager x 6 Manchester - £170 per day

My Manchester based Client is currently looking for several Project Managers to hold responsibility for the successful delivery of all work elements, ensuring compliance with the project management methodology and ensuring that the project is delivered on time, to budget and of the right quality.

The successful candidate will have extensive experience applying Project Management principles in challenging, high-risk environments and working to Prince 2 or similar methodologies. You will also have a track record of both managing budgets and the procurement of resources to a project as well as experience in creating and leading a multi-disciplinary project team.

Candidates are advised that the rate for this role is none negotiable. Please apply immediately for further information and a full job spec.

Location Manchester, Lancashire
              Country England
              Start Date ASAP
              Rate £170/Day
              Employment Business Hays IT
              Contact Verity-Jane Heaton
              Telephone 01625 532444
              Fax 07092 858 304
              Email [email protected]
              Reference JS00525652
              Posted Date 18/05/2009 12:32:07

experience in creating and leading a multi-disciplinary project team who will all be earning far more than you
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Looking at the rates for programmers...not sure, but you'll be earning less than the some of the cleaners.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Outside of IR35, as a perm role, £170 a day works out at approx £38K a year, which doesn't sound too shabby for a PM role surely ?
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

Candidates are advised that the rate for this role is none negotiable. Please apply immediately for further information and a full job spec.
                    What does that mean? When I see a posting with a basic error such as that then I think to myself that it really is not worth applying. Not only is the wording wrong but everything is negotiable, maybe I want to earn less
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X