• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let's support the Sri Lankans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's support the Sri Lankans

At first I was thinking why the flip has it got anything to do with us (I know I know it's another place we colonised) but then they started burning an effigy of Milliband and then I thought they may have a point after all.

I'm all for burning effigies of Milliband but wtf are they on about in Parliament Square?

How come there are so many of them here & can we send the lawless fookers back now that it's all over?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I'm all for burning effigies of Milliband but wtf are they on about in Parliament Square?

How come there are so many of them here & can we send the lawless fookers back now that it's all over?
      Not convinced that protesting makes them lawless : but not sure why they were protesting in the UK. What are we supposed to do : invade and sort it out?

Comment

There was a big protest here in Dusseldorf a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure which side the protesters are on though. Are they protesting about the government bombing civilians whilst attacking the Tamil Tigers, or are they protesting against the Tamil Tigers using civilians as human shields, or are they pro-Tamil Tigers protesting against the government, or are they celebrating the (presumed) end of a 25 year civil war?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          There was a big protest here in Dusseldorf a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure which side the protesters are on though. Are they protesting about the government bombing civilians whilst attacking the Tamil Tigers, or are they protesting against the Tamil Tigers using civilians as human shields, or are they pro-Tamil Tigers protesting against the government, or are they celebrating the (presumed) end of a 25 year civil war?

Whatever they said they [the Tamil protestors] said they were protesting about, the real reason is because the Tigers were getting a right royal butt kicking after waging 30 years of terror. Good riddance to them and well done the 'Lankens

Comment

Trouble is

Trouble is... one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, although my sympathies do lie with the Sri Lankan government.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Not convinced that protesting makes them lawless :
              Hmmmm.... demonstration
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Tamil Tigers, I love that. It's really good alliteration for a resistance group, If I was going to be a terrorist I would rather be a Tamil Tiger than in boring Al Quaeda.
                I would like to join the 'Contractors Contras' or the 'Freelance Frenzy'

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

(Shameless plug)

All this can only help plan B http://www.tropicalbeachhouse.com/

Which, if anyone is interested, is up for sale. ;o)
                  "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                  "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                    (Shameless plug)

All this can only help plan B http://www.tropicalbeachhouse.com/

Which, if anyone is interested, is up for sale. ;o)
                    If I owned that place I wouldn't be here.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X