• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alfie Patten, 13, is not baby's father, test shows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...est-shows.html

Alfie Patten, the schoolboy who believed he had become a parent at the age of 13 is not the baby's father, it can be reported today.

A DNA test has shown that another teenager, 15-year-old Tyler Barker, is the biological father of Maisie Stedman, who was born on Feb 9 this year.

The case prompted a national debate about morality and teenage pregnancy.

Maisie's mother, Chantelle Stedman, 15, was said to have conceived the child after sleeping with Alfie last year, when he was only 12-years-old.

The Children's Secretary, Ed Balls, said that his reaction on seeing photographs of Alfie cradling Maisie as his daughter was to think: "It's not right, this looks so terrible."

The Tory leader, David Cameron, said that the case raised "worrying" questions about modern Britain.

But rumours quickly began circulating around the teenagers' home town that Alfie was not the father.

Tyler was quoted in the media as saying that he had slept with Chantelle without using contraception and that he was "terrified" at the prospect of fatherhood.

Following conformation of the DNA test results, Mrs Justice King made an order at the High Court allowing the fact that Tyler is the father to be reported.

The most well known village bike in the country clearly ...

Giving that kid a great chance in life ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Alfie Patten, the schoolboy who believed he had become a parent at the age of 13 is not the baby's father, it can be reported today.
      Old news? I recall hearing this AGES ago ?

EDIT, this from March, http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...30-663,00.html

EDIT2, the Mirror first broke the story, http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21228409/
      Last edited by Platypus; 19 May 2009, 07:31.

Comment

stop giving the chavs column inches!!

Comment

eee, when I was twelve I used to dream about getting a 'Johnny-7', nowadays they wish they had seven johnnies

BFG

whats the world coming to, I ask you

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            eee, when I was twelve I used to dream about getting a 'Johnny-7', nowadays they wish they had seven johnnies

BFG

whats the world coming to, I ask you

Hmm reminds me of that Undertones song, "What's with Terry" the Johnny 7 gets a mention.
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Hmm reminds me of that Undertones song, "What's with Terry" the Johnny 7 gets a mention.
              The female equivilent would be the 'Barbie and Ken Pony Mansion expansion series kit'

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Bang go his chances of getting into F4J, and that Spiderman suit. Bet he's gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  Bang go his chances of getting into F4J, and that Spiderman suit. Bet he's gutted.
                  He should be relieved that some other poor sod will get stuck with child support payments for the next 18/21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    He should be relieved that some other poor sod will get stuck with child support payments for the next 18/21 years
                    No doubt the other chap has no job?

Comment

Working...
                    X