• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advise please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise please

Current client is not renewing and in some cases shorting contracts of people who have been with then for several years.

One contractor has taken it badly and has told me of his plan to send a very frank you are all *£$#~* “Goodbye” mail.

I have tried “Don’t give any un-billable advise”, any other suggestion?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Get as much distance between yourself and the pillock as possible.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Current client is not renewing and in some cases shorting contracts of people who have been with then for several years.

One contractor has taken it badly and has told me of his plan to send a very frank you are all *£$#~* “Goodbye” mail.

I have tried “Don’t give any un-billable advise”, any other suggestion?
      Get a bag of Popcorn... Sit back and enjoy!

Comment

Pull the network cable out of his PC
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          any other suggestion?
          Learn the difference between "advice" and "advise".
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Can you replace him?

If so, encourage him to send the e-mail.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Can you replace him?

If so, encourage him to send the e-mail.
              Make sure you have first had a word with his manager pointing out that you dont think he is very good and his professionalism is questionable. Say he is likely to do something stupid when he leaves like tell the manager to **** off or something. Proper stab in the back.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Never burn *your* bridges ...

But I like Mich's advice !

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Make sure you have first had a word with his manager pointing out that you dont think he is very good and his professionalism is questionable. Say he is likely to do something stupid when he leaves like tell the manager to **** off or something. Proper stab in the back.
                  Personally I wouldn't do that. Someone did that to me once and I wouldn't lower myself to that.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The contractor sounds like a permie idiot. Personally I'd distance myself from them and let them get on with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X