• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swines!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swines!

It would seem that the Natwest & the Halifax are taking down promotional material for piggy banks as it may be offensive to Muslims. Anyone got a better example of politcal correctness gone mad???

Erm, I thought strict muslims (i.e. the ones who might be offended by piggy banks) wouldnt use a bank account from those companies, as payment of interest was against their religion... hence the recently launched Islamic bank accounts that use a convoluted way of paying them.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!
      Why don't they all just fook off to Iran

Comment

Who in these large companies comes up with all this bollux?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          Who in these large companies comes up with all this bollux?
          People with nothing better to do. It's a case of: create work like this out of nothing or collect your P45.

Comment

Perhaps the piggies should be dressed up in a veil?

BTW, what's the problem? The Koran says don't eat Pork(It actually says "It's not a good idea to eat Pork in a warm country as it spoils quickly"), not "Don't look at the cute 'ikkle piggies"!

FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius
              Perhaps the piggies should be dressed up in a veil?

BTW, what's the problem? The Koran says don't eat Pork(It actually says "It's not a good idea to eat Pork in a warm country as it spoils quickly"), not "Don't look at the cute 'ikkle piggies"!

FFS!
              The Koran also has a "needs must clause". A Muslim can do anything which is prohibited if their life depends on it, they may also ignore Koranic imperatives if the culture of the "host" doesnt allow it.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                Erm, I thought strict muslims (i.e. the ones who might be offended by piggy banks) wouldnt use a bank account from those companies, as payment of interest was against their religion... hence the recently launched Islamic bank accounts that use a convoluted way of paying them.
                As far as I'm aware its not bank accounts per se which are a problem, only the payment of interest on borrowing, so having a standard cheque/savings account should be ok...or even a credit-card as long as you're still on one of those 0% deals.

As for the rest, the whole idea of doing/not doing one thing or another just because it upsets some peoples faith is b*llocks.

What next, remove all the world atlases because it upsets the flat-earth believers?

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                  It would seem that the Natwest & the Halifax are taking down promotional material for piggy banks as it may be offensive to Muslims. Anyone got a better example of politcal correctness gone mad???
                  It is a misapplication of the rule in Islamic law which only requires that Pork is not eaten. You can view it to your hearts content. (At least according to the Muslim Council of Britain)

For another example, one council banned piglet ( of pooh bear fame) for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                    as payment of interest was against their religion...
                    But is it payment of interest on a loan or receiving interest on current account? I heard a lot about the former being against religion, but not the latter

Comment

Working...
                    X