• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The pound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pound

seems to be having a good week - why has this been missed by all the Boom/Doom mongers on here. What are your predictions for the future of the humble quid?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    seems to be having a good week - why has this been missed by all the Boom/Doom mongers on here. What are your predictions for the future of the humble quid?
    Probably because when it comes to economics, most people here haven't the faintest idea what they are talking about?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
      Probably because when it comes to economics, most people here haven't the faintest idea what they are talking about?
      Hey, I'm good at reading goat entrails. Rarely wrong.

Comment

OK I'll bite. Apparently there was a Bilderberg meeting last week. The plan is to pump the markets up again, get people talking about green shoots, then collapse it all again. The big plan is to introduce a new global currency. Also to push the Lisbon treaty through this year as Ireland's economy is in the crapper and can't argue too much.

The Yuan will be added to the basket of currencies, the dollar will collapse followed swiftly by the pound as a result of all this QE.

Or so I hear.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          OK I'll bite. Apparently there was a Bilderberg meeting last week. The plan is to pump the markets up again, get people talking about green shoots, then collapse it all again. The big plan is to introduce a new global currency. Also to push the Lisbon treaty through this year as Ireland's economy is in the crapper and can't argue too much.

The Yuan will be added to the basket of currencies, the dollar will collapse followed swiftly by the pound as a result of all this QE.

Or so I hear.
          So that's another vote yes in the "I have suffered from psychotic episodes" poll.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I think the pound is about to rise. Which will be bad news for our economic recovery.

Comment

By Xmas, £1 = Euro 1.27 and US$ 1.62. You read it here first.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                By Xmas, £1 = Euro 1.27 and US$ 1.62. You read it here first.
                which xmas?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It's already at 1.135 against the Euro and 1.547 against the $ so I think you could see your prediction way earlier than Christmas. Should be good for holidays - shame nobody has any money or a job etc
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I've got a European client who pays me in £, if it keeps going up he's going to put me on the bench
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X