• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The strangest gift from a caller.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The strangest gift from a caller.

What's the oddest item you've given as a caller, or recieved from one?

Mrs. W was visited on Saturday afternoon by a chap she used to be in a panto with. Pleasant chap, popped by to say hello and have a cuppa as he was in the area.

"These are for you" he said, "you're supposed to bring something when you visit, aren't you?" . . . . and handed over a 1.5 Kg bag of Sainsburys potatoes!!

I just don't get it!
    The vegetarian option.

He ways saying 'I like yer tatas'...

Obvious when you think about it.

Id send him back where he came from
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I like to give people pegs when I call on them. If it's a particularly attractive woman I might give her a purple duster.

Strangest gift I've ever received is the Magna Carta. Needless to say Threaded gave it to me after finding me lurking in his Rhododendron bush.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

If it's a particularly attractive woman I might give her a purple duster.
        Hey, there's nowt wrong with giving a woman the benefit of your purple duster if she's that way inclined.

Comment

Of course it could be some in joke relating to a night of passion they had together once ... obviously you wouldn't get the joke cos you weren't there

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
            Of course it could be some in joke relating to a night of passion they had together once ... obviously you wouldn't get the joke cos you weren't there
            She used to answer to the handle of "spud" short for spud gun for obvious reasons.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Maybe she had a penchant for his "tattie" water at one time?

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
                Nah, Mrs. W has much higher standards that that! Plus, she was as totally bemused as I was.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Strangest gift.

Not a 'gift' exactly but I did leave a load of dog tulip in a neighbour's hallway once after stepping in a pile of doggy chocolates outside.

They were very good about it and even said it didn't matter - which I thought was strange because it stank the whole house out.
                  I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
                    Not a 'gift' exactly but I did leave a load of dog tulip in a neighbour's hallway once after stepping in a pile of doggy chocolates outside.

They were very good about it and even said it didn't matter - which I thought was strange because it stank the whole house out.
                    you

them then you leave...
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X