• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How intelligent are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How intelligent are you?

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being highest intelligence.

Supplementary question: Are intelligent people evil?
    >10
    8.70%
    4.35%
    10.87%
    8.70%
    19.57%
    4.35%
    8.70%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    10.87%
    AndyW
    23.91%

I give 110% so 11. (Must stop working for a yank company).

Oh Yes.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't understand the question
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Aha! We have a voter - an honest one too!

Tricky question eh?

Supplementary question: Are intelligent people liars?

Comment

"On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being highest intelligence. "

Why have you invented a special scale when there`s already one for IQ?

Comment

It depends what you mean by intelligent.

Do you mean general knowledge? Common sense? The capacity to learn? Academinc achievements?

It's pretty hard to define

I'm anywhere between a 3 and a 7 I think. On here at least...if you measured me against the population of the place I grew up, or infact the place I live now, I'd be between an 8 and 11.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

There is the idea that evil is intelligent. And there are evil intelligent people - they're called psycopaths.

But I hold the view that evil is banal - it isn't big and it isn't clever.

In "Voyage to Venus", C.S. Lewis has a character, Weston, who has been taken over by Satan. One of the most chilling parts is the way that Satan uses intelligence as a tool, when it suits. But when not needed, he'll be mindlessly cruel and destructive.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I know enough to know, I don't know enough.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  I know enough to know, I don't know enough.
                  Which is very profound - but not an indication of intelligence!

Far to many "measures of intelligence" have a very heavy reliance on "exposure to education", "knowledge" and reading/language skills.....

I am (of course) very intelligent - by whatever method you measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    Which is very profound - but not an indication of intelligence!

Far to many "measures of intelligence" have a very heavy reliance on "exposure to education", "knowledge" and reading/language skills.....

I am (of course) very intelligent - by whatever method you measure.
                    I disagree, i think that being aware that you do not know all there is to know IS a sign of intelligence.
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X