• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm tempted to vote for this party ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tempted to vote for this party ....

for the EU election in June. None of the main parties deserve to be voted for at the moment IMO.

http://www.englishdemocrats.org/

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    for the EU election in June. None of the main parties deserve to be voted for at the moment IMO.

Saw their TV add this week. Not sure they are a sensible outfit to represent the UK in Europe though. Same applies to other nationalist parties.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

They are a bunch of little englanders with too much time
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I find English nationalism very un-English. The best bit of the English character is self effacing modesty, humility and the ability to have a laugh at ourselves, and of course the understanding that it isn’t necessary to go waving flags in other people’s faces. Of course there’s an ugly side, but I shan’t get into that here.

There´s something a bit ´chip on the shoulder´ about this lot.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They do have a valid point to make though.
          Each Country in Europe is pitching for their own Country.
          SNP are pitching for Scotland and Plaed Cymri (sp?) are pitching for Wales. Who is pitching for England?
          The SNP and PC are elected as UK members but do not seem to be pitching for the UK, though that may be a misconception on my part.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            The SNP and PC are elected as UK members but do not seem to be pitching for the UK, though that may be a misconception on my part.
            Umm, I think the name "Scottish Nationalist Party" gives it away a wee bit, no?
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I got as far as..

Patrons

Garry Bushell – Parliamentary Candidate
              .. and stopped.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                Umm, I think the name "Scottish Nationalist Party" gives it away a wee bit, no?
                That is just the point though Snaw. Our representatives are supposed to represent the UK as a whole, not just their little bit of it.
                That is why these English nationalists have come into being.
                I understand the SNP wanting to represent Scotland but first and foremost they are part of the UK contingent and that is where their priority should lie. It doesnt.
                Se we have Scottish representatives representing Scotland and Welsh for Wales, but the rest are UK for UK. Where is the representation for England?

I still dont like these people, I am just saying they have a point.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Indeed.

I wonder why the SNP & PC are not referred to as "Little Scotlanders" or "Little Walesers" by parties seeking to disparage them.

There needs to be some unity in our put-downs of nationalists...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They have a forum you know.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X