• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alton Towers problem..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alton Towers problem..

As all Bavarians get this Thursday off due to some religious occasion and therefore take Friday off (locally known as a bridge holiday) I am in the unusual situation of having a 4 day weekend.. yes I know I dont bill for it but a treat once in a while is allowed.

So, I'm thinking I'd quite like to goto Alton Towers on Friday as it wont be as busy and hopefully the weather wont be too bad. As gf chef hasn't ever been I thought it would be good fun to take her along aswell (obviously so I don't look like some child molesting loner on the rides on my own). There lies the problem.. she hates rollercoasters. She's never been on one and simply doesnt like the idea rather than having an actual fear due to some past experience so I believe it's simply a case of starting on the easy ones and building up to more the fun rides once she gains confidence. When it comes to thigns like this she's not very adventurous but then regrets not doing things afterwards.

My question is, how best to convince her to:

a) get in the car and come along and not veto the whole day?
    b) build up her confidence to go on the rides (i.e which rides in which order)

Yes I know I sound like a big kid but when it comes to rollercoasters, I am.

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

If all else fails - book her in for some beauty treatments at the splash Hotel ( or why not even stay overnight there as a treat and make a weekend of it so you can do things you both want to do)

Leisure facilities at Hotel inc:

Jacuzzi*
    Massage*
    Sauna*
    Solarium*
    spa*

Then try and convince her to go on some of the rides!
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I love you more and more each day

Anyway...in answer to the question....just tell her how much you want to go. How would she be able to say no??!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Alton towers is great - but the Friday before half term may be busier than you think - also all the kids doing exams have finished school too.
        Anyhoo, things like the log flume and the runaway mine train are more tame - and will also ensure much clinging on to Chef during the scarier bits.
        Cant you drag a niece or nephew along to go on the good rides with?
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

my missus hates spiders. I just had this thought of introducing her to a little money spider, then a daddy longlegs and eventually a big hairy tarantula.

lol

why not ask her what she wants to do

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Take her to Air. My wife hates roller coasters but she'll go on that. it's the one where you dangle from the seat and it's supposed to be like flying. It's not too violent etc. You'll have no chance with Oblivion as most people chicken out on the walk to it. Rita is good as there are no big drops etc - I've managed to get her on that one also. Nemesis - probably no chance. That spinball thing is probably the same also. There is the runaway train thing which is designed for little kids but the pair of you might look like the moors murderers on that if you have no kids.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Heres a whacky idea Chef.
              Take her to the Falkirk wheel in Scotland. Its a great day, no crowds, a marvellous piece of engineering, and a sedate day for those that hate the roller coaster experience

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Anyway...in answer to the question....just tell her how much you want to go. How would she be able to say no??!
                She is a Woman!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  thanks.

I've decided that making her smile would be the better option. I know she wont check her email until this evening so I sent her some flowers to her work with the message "Secret Agent <gf chef> your secret mission details have been sent to you by electronic mail" followed by an email written in the style of a secret agent mission brief beginning with

"TOP SECRET: Your mission if you choose to accept it is as follows.."

and then goes on to detail the postcode location, the photographs required, suggested fellow agents she might like to take along, plans of the top secret location (map of the theme park) etc etc. I suggested in preparation for this difficult task she should take advantage of the excellent facilities of the local Hilton Spa the evening before.

Ending the message of course with "This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.."

Uber geeky I know, but I figure it's the best chance I have of convincing her.. and either way she'll be extra nice over the weekend for being imaginative and going to so much effort..

we'll see
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    thanks.

I've decided that making her smile would be the better option. I know she wont check her email until this evening so I sent her some flowers to her work with the message "Secret Agent <gf chef> your secret mission details have been sent to you by electronic mail" followed by an email written in the style of a secret agent mission brief beginning with

"TOP SECRET: Your mission if you choose to accept it is as follows.."

and then goes on to detail the postcode location, the photographs required, suggested fellow agents she might like to take along, plans of the top secret location (map of the theme park) etc etc. I suggested in preparation for this difficult task she should take advantage of the excellent facilities of the local Hilton Spa the evening before.

Ending the message of course with "This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.."

Uber geeky I know, but I figure it's the best chance I have of convincing her.. and either way she'll be extra nice over the weekend for being imaginative and going to so much effort..

we'll see
                    Top marks!
                    She's a lucky girl
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X