• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Visiting an abattoir tomorrow……..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting an abattoir tomorrow……..

Really not sure about this, but, it is part of the job……

Part of me wants to face demons and see the killing hall, but part of me is worried about passing out and an irrational fear of my favourite rare steak.

Has anyone been?

Could be very interesting as going with an Indian guy. They worship cows over there, and it is a beef abattoir…..

<canned laughter>

Perhaps someone in the Abattoir will put Wilmslow out of our misery......

Comment

Are you working on a DEFRA related project, worked on some related project but never visited the field.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
        Are you working on a DEFRA related project, worked on some related project but never visited the field.
        No, not defra - believe it or not the firm I work for actually owns a few abattoirs, this is just part of a very wide assortment of IT areas I am working on. More about hot / cold weights, warehousing, labellling and all production related fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          No, not defra - believe it or not the firm I work for actually owns a few abattoirs, this is just part of a very wide assortment of IT areas I am working on. More about hot / cold weights, warehousing, labellling and all production related fun.
          Blimey! Some people get all the plumb jobs.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Wilmslow - you will find the woman of your dreams at the abattoir. Don't forget to tell us about her in a later thread.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo w

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Wilmslow - you will find the woman of your dreams at the abattoir. Don't forget to tell us about her in a later thread.
                She sounds a right cow and udderly orrible

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  She sounds a right cow and udderly orrible
                  Now Now.. Don't milk it!

Comment

I have been to a real abbatoir and I'm not a made up character!

Comment

Working...
                    X