• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permaboomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permaboomed

I have decided to return to the dark side.

My 3.5 year £400/day local gravy train is coming off the rails in a big way and there are no contracts locally in the last few months other than one over-subscribed £225/day role at a place which has signs outside that say 'Abandon all hope all ye who enter here'. No ta. There's not much within a couple of hours commute either.

So, with mouths to feed and mortgage to pay in mind, I've chased a permie consultancy role which is a move up the techie ladder, pays £60k and is all expenses paid with regular work from home. Got offered it yesterday

Once the market picks up I'll have skills that take me up a notch or two in rate. Or maybe I'll love permiedom again so much that I stick with it this time

Let's have your badge and gun then.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Sounds very good - take it!

Comment

What did you say to them when they asked you "the question" about going back to contracting when the market picks up? Well done, BTW.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself.
              Its a no-brainer from where I'm sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                What did you say to them when they asked you "the question" about going back to contracting when the market picks up? Well done, BTW.
                They didn't ask "the question"

I would have waffled about security, career progression, challenges, family etc if they had.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  They didn't ask "the question"

I would have waffled about security, career progression, challenges, family etc if they had.
                  why say all that?
                  You contracted at one place for 3.5yrs. You were a permie anyway.
                  Did I just swear?

Comment

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
                    why say all that?
                    You contracted at one place for 3.5yrs. You were a permie anyway.
                    Did I just swear?
                    I brought in a sub at one point and had two other contracts running in parallel.

Ok has HMRC stopped reading this now...?

Yes you're right, and they could see that

Comment

Working...
                    X