• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The comicbook guy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The comicbook guy

You know, the character in the Simpsons who owns the Android dungeon.

Almost every job I've had there's been a chap there who reminds me of him.
    Anyone else have this?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Anyone else have this?
    lol, yes indeedy.
    EVERY contract without a single exception, the dudes reckon that I am a ringer for Homer

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Anyone else have this?
      That's the only character where that happens though. All the other characters in The Simpsons are completely original and not based on any kind of recognisable stereotype at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
        That's the only character where that happens though. All the other characters in The Simpsons are completely original and not based on any kind of recognisable stereotype at all.
        Someone needs to get out and meet more people

With the exception of Burns, cannot think of a simsons stereotype i have not personally met in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
          Someone needs to get out and meet more people

With the exception of Burns, cannot think of a simsons stereotype i have not personally met in real life
          <shudder> I've met a Burns type and a nasty piece of work she was too.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I think where I work, I might be that guy
            A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

Anyone else have this?

They'll be the DBAs.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                lol, yes indeedy.
                EVERY contract without a single exception, the dudes reckon that I am a ringer for Homer

D'oh!

Regrettably, I'm Millhouse

Comment

No Simpsons references but I have been told at a number of clients that I look a lot like this guy.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I'm on a government site, everyone from Disco Stu to Sideshow Bob... it's a proper freak show.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X