• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paypal's 2 account limit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal's 2 account limit

Paypal has a rule limiting people to two accounts.

Then there's another rule that prevents people from linking credit cards from another country.

So what do you do if you have credit cards from more than two countries? These are the options:
    • Break the two account rule. Use different email addresses, and connect from different IPs. What's the likeliness of getting caught? The risk?
    • Destroy accounts you're done with, and recreate one when you need it.
    • Change the correspondence address on foreign credit cards in order to link them. Does that work, or is it the residency address that needs to be changed on the credit card? Can the address on the credit card be changed back after it's linked?

I highly doubt that paypal monitor IP addresses.

What about a household with 2 adults 2 teenagers. They could in effect have 8 accounts but 1 ip.

Just create them and don't worry about it. The worst they can do is close them but they have to give you the money in them.

Comment

Paypal DO monitor IP's, I had an account locked for "dubious" activity, and my other account was also locked even though there was nothing linking them other than the PC I used. Paypal are absolute b@st@rds!
      A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

Originally posted by candyflipper View Post
        Paypal has a rule limiting people to two accounts.

Then there's another rule that prevents people from linking credit cards from another country.

So what do you do if you have credit cards from more than two countries?
        Don't use PayPal. You don't have any 'right' to be allowed a PP account anyway.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have closed my Paypal account. I found them impossible to contact and deal with in the event of a problem. They moved their operations away from the UK some while ago which, along with a couple of other issues caused me to decide they aren't worthy of my trust and business any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Don't use PayPal. You don't have any 'right' to be allowed a PP account anyway.
            It's easy to condemn paypal, if you don't mind cutting off all merchants that give them a monopoly - specifically eBay. I don't know many who are satisfied with paypal, but most of them aren't so dissatisfied that they would forgo ebay and other paypal-only merchants.

I've found that it's easy to close a paypal account, as it can be done from the website. So I'm thinking the best approach is to close and create paypal accounts on an as needed basis.

Comment

Working...
            X