• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joanna Lumley says what??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joanna Lumley says what??

What is that gobbledygook she keeps shouting?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

'come, follow me! lets burn the government! the gurkhas will protect us!'

Comment

It's "Ayo Gorkhali" which is the Gurka battle cry.

Rather unfortunately it means nothing more than "The Gurkas are Coming!"
      although I doubt anyone stops to think about it when the guy yelling it is charging at you with an SA80 in one hand and a bloody great knife in the other.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        It's "Ayo Gorkhali" which is the Gurka battle cry.

Rather unfortunately it means nothing more than "The Gurkas are Coming!"
        although I doubt anyone stops to think about it when the guy yelling it is charging at you with an SA80 in one hand and a bloody great knife in the other.
        bloody great knife that he will not sheath until it has drawn blood......

Comment

Dunno, but I really wish she would STFU.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            I have to agree - she just sounds stupid with that posh voice of hers
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My mate I went to Uni with is in the Gurkas. He's about 6'2", Irish and ginger.

Constant source of amusement for me

Comment

Why should she ?

She is fighting for something she believes in. Too many people in this country are happy just to have a bit of a rant of forums like this about all that is wrong in this country, but too lazy or apathetic to do anything of real value. It's goning to take someone like Joanna Lumley to make parliament see thay have done something wrong over the expenses troughing. They'll all be back in the trough in a few months when all this has blown over.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                  Why should she ?

She is fighting for something she believes in. Too many people in this country are happy just to have a bit of a rant of forums like this about all that is wrong in this country, but too lazy or apathetic to do anything of real value. It's goning to take someone like Joanna Lumley to make parliament see thay have done something wrong over the expenses troughing. They'll all be back in the trough in a few months when all this has blown over.
                  I don't rant no this or any other forum about what is wrong with this country as a rule.

I just find her incredibly annoying and she's turned someone (me) who's generally pro immigration, and all for peoples rights against the poor old buggers.

Though I do think this should be applied throughout the board - any foreigner fighting in our forces should get the same rights...

On the expenses thing I don't think we need Joanna Lumley somehow, there's comprehensive & widespread anger and MP's know they're in trouble. I'm just waiting for the cops to get involved, or I will start complaining.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Though I do think this should be applied throughout the board - any foreigner fighting in our forces should get the same rights...
                    Commonwealth soldiers fighting in the British army already get settlement rights. Why Gurkhas don't is beyond me.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X