• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barfing at work ettiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barfing at work ettiquette

Some poor soul coughed their guts up at work today in full view of everyone (well nearly everyone and it wasnt me!). This got me thinking, what is the ettiquette for barfing at work.

Before barfing, should one;
    stick one's head in the nearest recepticle
    make a mad indecent rush to the nearest bogs
    barf in one's mouth and promptly re swallow and carry on working as normal
    barf in one's mouth and retain it while puffing one's cheeks out hamster style and walk casually to the nearest bogs
    any other method.

Thoughts?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Barfing is very poor form.

If you must do it, make sure it's a puke anything else simply encourages the colonials.

Oh, and don't do it till you can see the whites of their eyes.

Comment

Just do it on the keyboard and log a support call
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Just do it on the keyboard and log a support call
        If you sh1t on the keyboard do you log a support call?

Comment

Back in the days when they had typewriters, my wife puked all over her typewriter after a port and wine laden meal.

Not very pleasant, especially when it gets stuck between the keys!
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

mm probably not the most professional day of my life but I think I got away with it as I was a permie....

Open top drawer of the usual set of drawers supplied with every desk in said standard office - empty books onto table to form a makeshift pillow - barf into drawer and close it should the need arise.

Then you just need to stay a tad late and swap your drawer thingy with someone you dont like.....

Comment

I have always managed to get to a suitable receptacle in time, be it a sink, loo or bin. Dont know why, but I cant puke til I can puke somewhere tidy
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                I have always managed to get to a suitable receptacle in time, be it a sink, loo or bin. Dont know why, but I cant puke til I can puke somewhere tidy
                Me either.

Permie came in on his second day, after being taken on a pub crawl by his new colleagues. Sat at his desk in a daze for a while, then threw up into the bin.

He then carried the bin to the gents to wash it out.

He never lived that one down. But he didn't get sacked for it.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have managed to avoid doing this so far but I'd go for the bin option if I had to.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Etiquette would be NOT to barf at work.... but on the assumption that if you are going to chunder anyway you could at least try a little decorum.......

I suggest running in a blind panic torwards the karsi with your hand held over your mouth with little spurts of bile and diced carrot randomly spraying onto peoples desks and laps as you pass........

Comment

Working...
                    X