• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"IR35 tax is a huge failure"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"IR35 tax is a huge failure"

On the Register here

It will go and no doubt be replaced with something equally as inadequate
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Yep its a huge failure unless its YOU who've been one of the 6 or 7 successful HMRC cases.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
        On the Register here
        Come on chaps, this is a PCG success story. You could at least credit the original source!

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...=4600&Itemid=1
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Come on chaps, this is a PCG success story. You could at least credit the original source!

http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...=4600&Itemid=1
          How is it a success story?
          IR35 still exists?

The only difference is that we now know how stupid this government is (for those that were slightly unsure) and the level of farce this legislation represents.

From where I sit life goes on and nothing has changed.

Bravo the PCG!

Comment

They could have introduced a dead simple rule along lines of that used for travel expenses, eg over 2 years=employee, and then had a fair and realistic formula to allow for employee benefits and administrative costs and burdens of running one's own company. Naturally we got something ridiculous and unworkable, what else could one expect with GB as chancellor? The man is an utter buffoon.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
              IR35 still exists?

The only difference is that we now know how stupid this government is (for those that were slightly unsure) and the level of farce this legislation represents.

Bravo the PCG!

I tend to agree that it's more than a little rich for the PCG to claim responsibility for IR35 being ineffective. They've certainly contributed with some lobbying and helped in some of the legal case wins, but IR35 is still firmly in effect and until it's officially repealed then any claims of success are at the best premature and to be realistic are pretty arrogant.

Comment

IR35 still exists?

Bravo the PCG!

OK, so now I see where the name comes from...

I didn't say IR35 was a success. I said finding out the actual numbers was a success, bearing in mind NL have previously denied they even had that information. And that was done by the PCG as part of the ammunition gathering exercise to get IR35 taken off the statute books, which is an ongoing piece of work. NL isn't going to remove it, ever. However, thank God, they aren't going to be around much longer.

PCG hasn't got rid of IR35 yet, agreed. But no other bugger will. At least we're working on it.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

PCG hasn't got rid of IR35 yet, agreed. But no other bugger will. At least we're working on it.
                  Well until they do perhaps it's a bit premature to trumpet it as a "PCG Succes story" just yet ?

Comment

Well until they do perhaps it's a bit premature to trumpet it as a "PCG Succes story" just yet ?
                    That wasn't the success I was referring to, but never mind. Obviously the point is lost on some...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X