• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early warning signs of workplace violence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early warning signs of workplace violence

According to the course I am doing "a strange fascination for guns" is considered an early warning sign for workplace violence and therefore not tolerated.

So now you can't even bring with you your beloved AK-47. What's next? No pictures of your children at your desk???
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

I don't think that a fascination with guns is strange - if you have a gun you have power - and power is attractive especially to the weak who are otherwise powerless.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      So now you can't even bring with you your beloved AK-47. What's next? No pictures of your children at your desk???
      Why? Are your children homicidal maniacs?
      What is the connection between "guns" and "your children".... have I missed some subtle joke?? If so please explain (preferably without the use of shouting and pointing your kids at me!)

Comment

Appalling.

Surely violence to animals is a more reliable sign?

Comment

I used to know a guy who owned a handgun before they were banned, if I had to profile him I would say he wasn't the sort of person who should be allowed anywhere near such a weapon.

He had a ceramic glock with a laser site, why would anyone need a gun that can't be detected by metal detectors just for target practice at the local shooting club?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I used to know a guy who owned a handgun before they were banned, if I had to profile him I would say he wasn't the sort of person who should be allowed anywhere near such a weapon.

He had a ceramic glock with a laser site, why would anyone need a gun that can't be detected by metal detectors just for target practice at the local shooting club?
            For the same reason some people need customised cars that can do twice the speed limit and accelerate so hard it rips you're face off. Or why some people put water cooling and fancy lighting in their PC's when all the do is surf and play solitare.

It's a geek thing. Car Geek, Computer Geek, Gun Geek. Variations on the same theme.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              For the same reason some people need customised cars that can do twice the speed limit and accelerate so hard it rips you're face off. Or why some people put water cooling and fancy lighting in their PC's when all the do is surf and play solitare.

It's a geek thing. Car Geek, Computer Geek, Gun Geek. Variations on the same theme.
              problem. The only people I want having guns are the armed forces and the farming community, certainly not some delusional wank-stain who believes that he's James Bond on the weekend. Tw@.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                According to the course I am doing "a strange fascination for guns" is considered an early warning sign for workplace violence and therefore not tolerated.

Guns for show, Knives for a Pro
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  problem. The only people I want having guns are the armed forces and the farming community, certainly not some delusional wink-stain who believes that he's James Bond on the weekend. Tw@.
                  Well thats an entirely different issue. The point I was making is not that it's right or wrong to allow gun entusiasts to own guns but the fact that at a basic level they are no different to any other kind of enthusiast.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Because it's cool?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X