• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Olympics 2012 poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Olympics 2012 poll

Voting open
    Yes, I'll buy a car evertime someone chucks a spear
    4.17%
    No, I'll be too busy starving to death under another Labour government
    58.33%
    I don't understand the question.
    37.50%

and the Olympic commitee vote for ......London
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

With a few minor adaptations to the javelin tournament I think the London Olympics could be a huge success.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

No AndyW, no answer!
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

As it is the 'London Olympics' that makes it local news and therefore I am not in the slightest bit interested
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            With a few minor adaptations to the javelin tournament I think the London Olympics could be a huge success.
            True, my favoured one would be to line up UK politicians (all parties) down the field and award bonus points to the distances thrown for how grevious the damage inflicted and to whoom. Points deducted for a miss obviously and extra for hitting the microscopic targets like Hazel Blears or the brain of any minister.

This could be adapted to all throwing events as I'm certain that a hammer, discus and shot could produce some impressive injuries.

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            As it is the 'London Olympics' that makes it local news and therefore I am not in the slightest bit interested
            Is also valid.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              True, my favoured one would be to line up UK politicians (all parties) down the field and award bonus points to the distances thrown for how grevious the damage inflicted and to whoom. Points deducted for a miss obviously and extra for hitting the microscopic targets like Hazel Blears or the brain of any minister.

This could be adapted to all throwing events as I'm certain that a hammer, discus and shot could produce some impressive injuries.

Is also valid.
              As I´ve said before, hammer and discus are really more suited to random decimation of a crowd; probably best for the non-cabinet MPs; just award points for how many decapitations and crushed ribcages. Shot and javelin are more precision events, where you could really use cabinet members wearing numbered T-shirts displaying the bonus points.

Just to confirm your theory, I’ve seen what happens when a hammer lands on someone’s foot. Not at all pleasant.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Although they have just been explaining on BBC news how it benefits the whole of the UK.

For example the roof of the swimming stadium is being made out of steel made in Newport in South Wales. That'll be Corus then which is owned by .. Tata!
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

But the Welsh aren't owned by Tata or are they?

Does that explain why a bad Welsh accent sounds Indian?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

On the day it was announced London was to host the blow-job-logo Olympics, I just assumed the government would outsource the whole thing to Paris.

It would be cheaper, better, less disruption and successful if they had.

I'm expecting it to be as much a success as any other big government project. An embarrassment.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X