• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which one of you lot ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one of you lot ...

... has a desk like this?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

I bet he's a permie.....No contractor would even bother doing that....

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      ... has a desk like this?
      has he got a tinfoil hat to go with it

Comment

Just found this enlightening study from the chaps at MIT;

On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:
        An Empirical Study
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Last place I worked manufactured Aluminium Foil - saw some strange things covered in the stuff
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Last place I worked manufactured Aluminium Foil - saw some strange things covered in the stuff
            permies?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

An Empirical Study
              Priceless !

Comment

Those foil hats look as if they would be great for keeping the rain and sun off your bonce too. Especially if you employ the 'double layered' design.

Comment

An Empirical Study
                  Conclusion

The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, [3]). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations.

It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC. We hope this report will encourage the paranoid community to develop improved helmet designs to avoid falling prey to these shortcomings.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

An Empirical Study
                    That's a good one, I roll that out every time somebody tells me WiFi* causes cancer.

* or any other radio based technology.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X