• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can the 70s roll back on????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the 70s roll back on????

Under the fact that the world is in deep tulip......

....is there any chance that the 70s could return in fashion???? John Lennon, VW vans, free love, cool music and public riots.... wouldn't that be a major change for better????????
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Not much chance of John Lennon returning
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post

....is there any chance that the 70s could return in fashion???? John Lennon, VW vans, free love, cool music and public riots.... wouldn't that be a major change for better????????
      As I recall the 70's were the decade that style forgot.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        Not much chance of John Lennon returning
        Thank God
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          As I recall the 70's were the decade that style forgot.
          Nah, that was the '80's. Shoulder pads, puffball skirts, Mullets, Michael Jackson Jackets
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post

Aren't those things more the 60's?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Union leaders with names like "Red Robbo" and "Mick McCoalface" were feared up and down the land...

People worried about something called "The Balance of Payments deficit"...

We had power cuts and three day weeks, and the after effects of the "Barber boom" ( a Tory administration btw) that ended up in having to ask the IMF for a loan. Funny thing is I can see a similar thing happening today - the after -effects of Brown's housing boom leaving the country heavily in debt, and the next administration (I'm assuming it's going to be Dave) having to go cap-in-hand to the IMF either next or the following year...
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Will they bring back the Austin Allegro?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                  Union leaders with names like "Red Robbo" and "Mick McCoalface" were feared up and down the land...

People worried about something called "The Balance of Payments deficit"...

We had power cuts and three day weeks, and the after effects of the "Barber boom" ( a Tory administration btw) that ended up in having to ask the IMF for a loan. Funny thing is I can see a similar thing happening today - the after -effects of Brown's housing boom leaving the country heavily in debt, and the next administration (I'm assuming it's going to be Dave) having to go cap-in-hand to the IMF either next or the following year...
                  It's some achievement that. In times of a sick Europe, he's still managed to make us the sick man of it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Will they bring back the Austin Allegro?
                    Now yer talking. Allegro, Marina, and that odd-shaped rover that always broke down.

Comment

Working...
                    X