• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Erm, about your face...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm, about your face...

This face transplant lark obviously has some way to go before the cosmetic issues are ironed out.

Apparently this fellow didn´t dare go outside until after his op.

And of course there's this lady

Is all that swelling temporary or are American face transplant doctors just a bit crap compared to the French?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I always think that lady looks like Arnie Swchazanegger (sp!!) in the Total Recall movie when he wears that lady mask.

that guy who fell on the rail was pretty shocking to look at (no pun intended) before the surgery

Comment

Well I don’t wish to laugh at their expense, as they’ve obviously all gone through a bloody hard time, but I really wonder if what we’re seeing is the final result or if there’s some kind of after-sales service that’ll straighten it all out.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I always think that lady looks like Arnie Swchazanegger (sp!!) in the Total Recall movie when he wears that lady mask.

that guy who fell on the rail was pretty shocking to look at (no pun intended) before the surgery
        I didn't like to look, poor chap
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

if you did not look - he resembled a ring donut to be honest

normally this sort of reconstrcutive surgery gets better over time but when it is of this scale i think it will always be noticable with the current medical techniques

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            if you did not look - he resembled a ring donut to be honest

normally this sort of reconstrcutive surgery gets better over time but when it is of this scale i think it will always be noticable with the current medical techniques
            Well, noticeable is one thing, but I wonder if the French lady was a bit further into recovery when she was shown to the press as her face wasn’t swollen up like a beached whale.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              This face transplant lark obviously has some way to go before the cosmetic issues are ironed out.

Apparently this fellow didn´t dare go outside until after his op.

And of course there's this lady

Is all that swelling temporary or are American face transplant doctors just a bit crap compared to the French?
              Blokey looks a bit like a Simpsons character. Just an observation, don't shoot.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The woman (Connie?) who'd been shot in the face looked a bit better post-surgery. Admittedly, the baseline was low!

Comment

Se was quite attractive before the trauma http://blog.cleveland.com/medical_im...20accident.jpg

, what an absolute twat her husband was (shot her in the face)
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

once the face "settles in" she is going to have excess skin removed and the shaping complete. might look alrite and less like a bulldog after

Comment

Working...
                    X