• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decent PS3 Deal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent PS3 Deal?

Been toying with the idea of getting a PS3 instead of a blu-ray player. Amazon currently have the 80Gb version on offer: for £300 you get an 80Gb PS3, 2 games and an HDMI cable. That strikes me as pretty decent based on what prices Kelkoo is coming up with for even the 40Gb version.

Anyone up to date with these things?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/

Just now it's john lewis at £280

Or buy one 2nd hand (I did, 40GB - cost 200, unopened) chucked a big HDD in it, easy as pie and away you go.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I don't reckon the JL offer is as good, no games or anything.

But I did find this page, updated regularly, in case it helps anyone. Currently ShopTo.net have it for £260 which seems damn good value. We got our Wii there last year and it was very good service.

2nd-hand is an option but I'd rather have the year's warranty as consoles do sometimes have faults.

Comment

Our local Gamestation flog 2nd hand units for a good price so i'd mebbe try them or 'Game'.

As far as i know the PS3 hardware is pretty reliable and has a low failure rate, not like the 360. And it makes a great Blu-Ray player if thats all you want it for - great quality and quiet,

Comment

This Argos deal any good to you?

Click the Special Offers link to see the free games you get with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            This Argos deal any good to you?

Click the Special Offers link to see the free games you get with it.
            If I wanted LBP game that's a great deal, but I'm really using our need for a blu-ray player as an excuse to get a PS3. So cheaper is better, no extra bits needed. I don't even need the 80Gb version but current deals make buying the 40/60Gb seem a little pointless.

Comment

Working...
            X