• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many have gone permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many have gone permie

Out of interest, how many of us have gone or are about to go permy. Stick yer 'ands up!
    Still contracting.
    65.00%
    I am now a permy or I'm about to go permy.
    13.75%
    On the bench.
    21.25%

Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Out of interest, how many of us have gone or are about to go permy. Stick yer 'ands up!
    Stick my hand up where??
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

How come no one on the bench ???

Comment

I'm still on the same contract which started in July 96.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          Stick my hand up where??
          There's a smilie to answer every question.

Comment

Starting new contract next week. Dont want permie. Nearly did it last year. Company messed me around over pay, behaved disrespectfully and I realised to much BS so no thank you to that
            Would only do it again if looking for career change or taking a different path (PM or something) and only if company has some respect for potential employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
              I'm still on the same contract which started in July 96.
              I managed 19 years at my last clients. Admittedly it was all over the world. I took a permy job with them about 4 years ago.

Comment

Contractg here - had a break where I did 2 years of permie, but picked up a contract same week I left the perm role....I'm that good!
                A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

I am staying on the contract side despite being made several offers to go permie at my last contract, which I kept turning down.

Big risk but right decision inside

Comment

Kinda both really, long time / permanent contract with main client and other smaller jobs as they come along. Plan B taking over too.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X