• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP leader boasts of his £2million in expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP leader boasts of his £2million in expenses

During a debate about Europe at the Foreign Press Association - which was discreetly taped by the hosts - Farage was asked by former Europe minister Denis MacShane what he had received in non-salary expenses and allowances since becoming an MEP in 1999.

"It is a vast sum," Farage said. "I don't know what the total amount is but - oh lor - it must be pushing £2 million." Taken aback, MacShane then joked: "Is it too late to become an MEP?"

Farage insisted that he had not "pocketed" the money but had used the "very large sum of European taxpayers' money" to help promote Ukip's message that the UK should get out of the EU.
    nigel farage expose

Beats me why people vote UKIP in the Euro elections - all they do is go and waste Euro money (a certain amount of which is originally British tax money). If you really want the UK out of the EU, vote for a party promising this at the general election!
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Can't you see what Farage is deliberately doing by cheerfully admitting that? Discrediting the EU even more. He doesn't care - He *wants* to emphasise what a gravy train it all is.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Can't you see what Farage is deliberately doing by cheerfully admitting that? Discrediting the EU even more. He doesn't care - He *wants* to emphasise what a gravy train it all is.
      Oh yes - he's on a nice little earner. In truth the last thing he probably wants is withdrawal from Europe - it'd put an end to his easy life sipping fine wines in Brussels, and he'd have to find a proper job. I suppose he's just like other politicians in that respect.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Oh yes - he's on a nice little earner. In truth the last thing he probably wants is withdrawal from Europe - it'd put an end to his easy life sipping fine wines in Brussels, and he'd have to find a proper job. I suppose he's just like other politicians in that respect.
        Yes of course - whether you agree with him or not, the central plank of his campaign is full withdrawal from the EU....

.....because he wants to stay in the EU.

Drink a little too much giggle water last night did we?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          Yes of course - whether you agree with him or not, the central plank of his campaign is full withdrawal from the EU....

.....because he wants to stay in the EU.

Drink a little too much giggle water last night did we?
          Like I keep saying, if you want to withdraw from the EU, vote for such a party in the general election. Voting for UKIP in these elections is a complete waste of time, imho.

Comment

Like I keep saying, if you want to withdraw from the EU, vote for such a party in the general election. Voting for UKIP in these elections is a complete waste of time, imho.
            I'll keep my own council on who I will vote for and why thanks very much.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I admit that deep down the likes of Farage (probably) believe it's right to leave the EU. But he also knows it's probably not going to happen anytime soon, so why not take advantage and live it up at our expense. If we're foolish enough to vote for him in the Euro-election (which doesn't change our membership) instead of in the general election (which could pull us out), then who can blame his game plan?

Comment

...hey, here's a really radical thought for you - if you don't like him or his policies then DON'T VOTE FOR HIM

Comment

I admit that deep down the likes of Farage (probably) believe it's right to leave the EU. But he also knows it's probably not going to happen anytime soon, so why not take advantage and live it up at our expense. If we're foolish enough to vote for him in the Euro-election (which doesn't change our membership) instead of in the general election (which could pull us out), then who can blame his game plan?
                  who exactly are you? Some NL stooge being sent on to website forums to smear opposition? What a smear by you on Nigel farage. It is and you are quite pathetic. The only reason I am voting for UKIP is because farage gets up in front of the MEPs and tells them what a bunch of undemocratic useless scroungers they are.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Why?? voting in the elections is more than voting about Europe. There are only two parties in the race, neither of who want to pull out of Europe, neither of who will even tackle the issue at the European elections. At least the European elections are focussed on Europe where you can make your opinion count without having to consider all the many non EU issues.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X