• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why did Newcastle Sack Allerdice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Newcastle Sack Allerdice?

He punched above his weight at Bolton, he kept Blackburn up. IMHO he would have kept Newcastle up and they were on the road to relegation the moment they sacked him and brought back that bloke with the daft perm
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 May 2009, 17:04.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

I suspect only a true "Geordie" can answer that question.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Chairman

Mike Ashley sacked big Sam, wonder what will happen to him! Doubt he will be welcome at St James again

Comment

Couldn't happen to a more deserving club imo. Get rid of the uperc**t Ashley and allow Shearer to rebuild next season.

Ashley destroyed that club, single handedly, brick by brick. Feel sorry for the fans though. Total bad management.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Fat Sam was sacked because Fat Ashley knew there was only room for one of them in the toon!

Fat Ashley wanted to ingratiate himself to the toon army. That's why!
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Couldn't happen to a more deserving club imo. Get rid of the uperc**t Ashley and allow Shearer to rebuild next season.

Ashley destroyed that club, single handedly, brick by brick. Feel sorry for the fans though. Total bad management.
            Dont talk out of your arse man

Ashley has made some mistakes (sacking Allerdyce, bringing Keegan back) but he hasn't destroyed the club. Before he came in we were in financial fu*cking tatters - he's bailed us out of almost going bankrupt. Shepherd was robbing money out of the club hand over fist!

There are 2 problems at that club: -

1) a small fraction of complete d*ck head fans who cry "sack the manager" or "sack the board" every time we loose a fu*king game. Ashley made a mistake by being influenced by them.

2) some of the lazy arse players like Owen, Martins, Ameobi who simply dont care enough.

Hopefully us going down will get rid of both problems, and we can start rebuilding the club with Ashley and Shearers help.

People who slag Ashley off need their heads read, as without him we'd be completely up tulip creek and possibly heading the same way as Darlo.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              Dont talk out of your arse man

Ashley has made some mistakes (sacking Allerdyce, bringing Keegan back) but he hasn't destroyed the club. Before he came in we were in financial fu*cking tatters - he's bailed us out of almost going bankrupt. Shepherd was robbing money out of the club hand over fist!

There are 2 problems at that club: -

1) a small fraction of complete d*ck head fans who cry "sack the manager" or "sack the board" every time we loose a fu*king game. Ashley made a mistake by being influenced by them.

2) some of the lazy arse players like Owen, Martins, Ameobi who simply dont care enough.

Hopefully us going down will get rid of both problems, and we can start rebuilding the club with Ashley and Shearers help.

People who slag Ashley off need their heads read, as without him we'd be completely up tulip creek and possibly heading the same way as Darlo.
              A well reasoned piece SA. I'm afraid I still dislike Mike Ashley intensely, and strongly believe he should not be in charge of any football club. Your best hope is to get rid. I do hope Shearer stays, he will help pull you back up for sure.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It is true that Newcastle were a basket case when Ashley took over. But he and their fans accelerated their decline.

I keep thinking back to pictures of Allardyce in his technical area during a match, and loads of Newcastle fans behind him hurling abuse. The fans sang "You don't know what you're doing". That's called irony. Newcastle were half-way up the league at that point.

To ingratiate himself with the fans, Ashley sacked Allardyce. That was weak. Then he set up a complicated management structure where the manager had least authority but most responsibility - it's no wonder Keegan told Ashley where to stick his job.

With their messiah gone, the 'Best Fans In The World' started abusing Ashley, he didn't like it and so announced he was going to get rid of the club. This had two effects - nobody would buy such a club, and no top managers would go and work for it. Brilliant.

He was unlucky with Kinnear's health problem, but he then put avoiding relegation in the hands of a bloke with no (zero, nil) management experience at any level, never mind the premiership, whose only qualification was that he was a Geordie.

Comment

The biggest mistake they made was sacking Bobby Robson after he took them to fifth, just as Charlton did with letting Curbishley go.

Comment

A lot is made of Newcastle having great fans, but in the 80s they were getting gates of under 15,000 while languishing in the old division 2. I wonder if the fans will desert the club again?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X