• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have figured it all out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have figured it all out

Economy woes, MP's expenses, civil unrest. We are being whipped up into a frenzy to create a kind of peasants revolt. Why?

http://www.bworldonline.com/BW052509/content.php?id=145

This article had a turn of phrase that intrigued me.

The euro is probably the closest alternative to the dollar right now. The European Union is roughly the size of the US economy and it has the variety of products that the euro as world currency could purchase in the worst case where currency convertibility completely disappears. The downside to the euro as the global currency is the absence of a single, unified government over the whole area.
    Now the lisbon treaty is due to be ratified by the one remaining opposing country later this year, Ireland. The Czechs have already capitulated. So now what we need is the economy to plunge south again, S&P downgrading UK debt, a few big firms releasing gloomy figures should do the trick. Then the euro needs to be adopted as a reserve currency by someone already using the dollar, someone big needs to ditch the dollar. Russia ought to do it.

Russia ditched the dollar in January and switched to Euros. Discrete wasn't it?

The picture for the remainder of this year seems remarkably clear. Signoff of the Lisbon treaty, a President of Europe, another stock market collapse, and the Renmimbi introduced into the SDR.

Put that in your pipe Mr "Central-Scrutiniser" and smoke it. Global regulation beckons.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I suspect you're right - The various governments have surely got contingency plans if extreme things happen?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

absence of a single, unified government over the whole area.
      Been tried before:
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Been tried before:
        Third time lucky HAB? This is going to happen. The Lisbon treaty is going to be passed.

Comment

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=103947

Opinion polls in Ireland currently show a shift in favour of the Lisbon Treaty but I think it is impossible at this stage to predict the outcome of a second referendum

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Been tried before:
            So this time we need an Englishman in charge?

Gordon Brown?

Yes I know he is Scottish.
            Yes I know he is a Knob.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So this time we need an Englishman in charge?

Gordon Brown?

Yes I know he is Scottish.
              Yes I know he is a Knob.
              Bliar.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Bliar.
                I'll lay you odds of 6 to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Bliar.

How do I emigrate?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How do I emigrate?
                    You'll be able to claim asylum in all manner of places soon enough
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X