• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrified

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrified

Had a barby at the in-laws and was driving home in the MPV with wife, 2 kids (4 and 2), mutt and me. Got to the outskirts of Luton, and as we entered the ring road we were surrounded by literally hundreds of people protesting. The were mounted police, in riot gear. All rather scary. The wife and kids got scared, and I was too, but did not show it. I told everyone to keep calm and wait for a gap to drive through.

The crowd were all Muslim protestors, or whatever the politically correct term is, protesting at this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...r-officer.html

For a few minutes we were waiting for the crowd to change mood, and the windows to come in.

Made me think, as there are plenty more large groups that have good reason to protest, and given the amount of things in the news that are seemingly worth protesting over, I never ever want to have my family in that kind of situation again.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

There's a lot of angry people out there, who've seen their life work come to naught, savings down the drain, lost their homes, jobs etc. Things are going to get really tasty in the next few months and years. For example, I'm dreading the BNP getting a lot of votes next month, but a lot of people feel dispossessed. Just like the 20s and 30s people are looking around to find scapegoats.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      There's a lot of angry people out there, who've seen their life work come to naught, savings down the drain, lost their homes, jobs etc. Things are going to get really tasty in the next few months and years. For example, I'm dreading the BNP getting a lot of votes next month, but a lot of people feel dispossessed. Just like the 20s and 30s people are looking around to find scapegoats.
      No they are not. Everyone knows why we are up diarrhoea alley: linky.

Even the BNP supporters don't 'blame' immigrants; they blame the people who allowed the flood.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The crowd were all Muslim protestors,
        Racist !

The muslim's are as a whole a peaceful and law abiding people and anyone who says otherwise will have a Fatwa declared on them, ok ?
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          Racist !

The muslim's are as a whole a peaceful and law abiding people and anyone who says otherwise will have a Fatwa declared on them, ok ?
          Easy to play the race card isn't it? Ignorant coward.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            I thought BGG has his tongue in his cheek there

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              No they are not. Everyone knows why we are up diarrhoea alley: linky.

Because Labour stands up for the hard-working British people

Comment

Whooosh!
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

We're watching you......

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tml#post799681

......Bzzt. Bzzzt.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Racist !

Religionist shirley
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X