• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should the Army take over now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should the Army take over now?

The main political parties are rubbish and the BNP are loons. Should the army run the country for a bit? They seem like incorruptible sorts who can run a show in times of crisis and have some bright chaps in there at the top too (think Sanderhust and 'The apprentice'). Or has the military brass been infiltrated and corrupted by gongs and politics much like the Police? I'm not talking about a revolution or a military coup, I mean a democratically elected Army takeover that after 4 years could be booted out by force if necessary.
    Yes
    20.00%
    No
    10.91%
    We should at the very least invade France
    18.18%
    We should be invaded by France, instead of Eastern Europe
    5.45%
    We should be run by a monarch like in the good old days (1979-1990)
    14.55%
    We should get rid of all forms of government and have anarchy for a bit
    18.18%
    AndyW keeps his armies up his sleevies
    12.73%

No, unless they introduce conscription for chavs.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Some think it has already happened: John Wick & The Very British Revolution or Have We Had A Military Coup And Nobody Noticed ?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        No, unless they introduce conscription for chavs.
        They're already struggling with second rate equipment and fighting on more than one front; don't give them second rate human beings. Please, spare a thought for a soldier's human rights here.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          The main political parties are rubbish and the BNP are loons. Should the army run the country for a bit? They seem like incorruptible sorts who can run a show in times of crisis and have some bright chaps in there at the top too (think Sanderhust and 'The apprentice'). Or has the military brass been infiltrated and corrupted by gongs and politics much like the Police? I'm not talking about a revolution or a military coup, I mean a democratically elected Army takeover that after 4 years could be booted out by force if necessary.
          Oi. Not everyone who went to Sandhurst turned out to be a ***** like him.

Comment

Very astute of New Labour to keep the armed forces tied up in foreign countries whilst they go about dismembering this country
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Can we go to war with Spain instead, please?

And how about we put The Sun in charge? "I don't know her politics but she's got a grip on the big issues."
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                ... I'm not talking about a revolution or a military coup, I mean a democratically elected Army takeover that after 4 years could be booted out by force if necessary.
                What force is that which boots out the Army, please?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  By the end of a period of military leadership the Army would be fed up of leading the chavery.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    What force stops the army from taking power in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                    X