• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North Korea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Korea

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8066861.stm

Geological recordings of the tremor suggest it was much larger than the 2006 test. That was backed up by the Russian defence ministry, which detected a blast of up to 20 kilotons - comparable to the American bombs that flattened Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.
    A twenty kiloton underground nuclear test. That is some test. I note the language is still very diplomatic.

But in a strongly worded statement, President Obama said the North's pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles threatened peace and was in "blatant defiance of the United Nations Security Council".

"The danger posed by North Korea's threatening activities warrants action by the international community. We have been and will continue working with our allies and partners in the six-party talks as well as other members of the UN Security Council in the days ahead," his statement said.
    I wonder what the course of action to deal with this threat would be. More sanctions, some passive aggressive rhetoric in the newspapers, yes that'll do the trick.

Does anyone for a minute believe anything physical will transpire out of this nonsense?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

What do you suggest? Invade them because they actually have the potential to create WMDs?

How about the US says, "we'll get rid of our nukes if you get rid of yours", instead of "we can be trusted, you can't" which is pretty insulting and fairly hypocritical to boot.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What do you suggest? Invade them because they actually have the potential to create WMDs?

How about the US says, "we'll get rid of our nukes if you get rid of yours", instead of "we can be trusted, you can't" which is pretty insulting and fairly hypocritical to boot.
      Shirley we can find some halfway house between invading and using colourful language. I just reckon that if they have no qualms with p*ssing off the international community harsher sanctions will do sod all.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Because the US has some semblence of democratic process, whereas N. Korea is the most oppressive regime on earth.

Forget about invading. Get China to bomb the appropriate sites. So long as they can avoid the death camps, they'll probably avoid civilian casualties.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bomb them with satellite telephones so that the population can organise themselves and communicate with the outside word.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Bomb them with satellite telephones so that the population can organise themselves and communicate with the outside word.
            yeah man! And some dylan tapes thrown in too!
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Because the US has some semblence of democratic process, whereas N. Korea is the most oppressive regime on earth.
              So if it was a democracy testing Nukes that'd be OK?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It may be insulting but it is true
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Another one too stupid to realise or understand the diffent dynamics here. Your "equivalence argument" makes the Allies killing of germans in WW2 equally as reprehensible as Hitler killing Jews in concentration camps. After all what is the difference? killing is killing.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The US haven't tested nukes, since 1996, when they signed the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.

The US doesn't oppress most of it's own people. The US doesn't run death camps. The US doesn't practice collective punishment against families. etc. etc.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X