• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

International Driving Licenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Driving Licenses

'An acquaintance' had a car accident over the weekend. No one injured but her car written off. She'd turned right @ crossroads across the path of an oncoming vehicle.

I know she'd only had 3 or 4 UK driving lessons, her intention being to take a UK test and get her UK driving license. Meanwhile on this occassion, she was legally driving unsupervised on her own with her Intl license.

Now I discover the silly cow seems to have never passed her test in The Philippines. Never even driven a car before her lessons here. She acquired her intl licence off the back of her Filipino license which she'd 'bought'. Not an uncommon practice out there.

My question, as if I needed to ask it. How unique is she ? I wonder how many other drivers here with intl licences have absolutely no place driving on their own, unsupervised on our roads ?

apart from the legality of her driving, is _she_ legal in the UK ?

Milan.

Comment

apart from the legality of her driving, is _she_ legal in the UK ?
      Yep

Comment

I have an 'acquaintance' from one of the baltic states who is similarly driving on a dodgy Intl Licence - actually she is quite a goods driver, and she's legal .................................................. ............................. now

Comment

Working...
        X