• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bird poo isn't lucky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird poo isn't lucky

I was walking along the seafront with my wife and daughter on saturday when I heard a ‘slap’, it took a couple of seconds before I realised a seagull had got a bullseye on my barren patch.

Ever optimistic I bought a lotto ticket… I didn’t win anything.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I was walking along the seafront with my wife and daughter on saturday when I heard a ‘slap’, it took a couple of seconds before I realised a seagull had got a bullseye on my barren patch.

Ever optimistic I bought a lotto ticket… I didn’t win anything.
    There is very strong evidence that birds can recognise humans, even their cars.

You might want to consider changing your appearance, like wearing a wig and a mask, or something, just in case you have offended the seagulls in some way and they are out to get you

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Mrs BP got hit at Longleat a few weeks ago.

She won zilch on the lottery either.........

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Whilst watching my favourite animal-based home video show 'Animals do the Funniest Things' there was a piece on a bloke who had saved a seagull with a broken leg which went on to follow him, and attack him, whenever he was in the town centre. It showed the bloke running away and being repeatedly dive-bombed by it. There's gratitude for you.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

They seem to have a preference for black cars, especially those which have just been washed.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
            Whilst watching my favourite animal-based home video show 'Animals do the Funniest Things' there was a piece on a bloke who had saved a seagull with a broken leg which went on to follow him, and attack him, whenever he was in the town centre. It showed the bloke running away and being repeatedly dive-bombed by it. There's gratitude for you.
            Perhaps the seagull thought 'that's the b@st@rd who broke my leg'. Perhaps he was the b@st@rd who accidentally broke the seagull's leg; that's why he 'saved' him.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              They seem to have a preference for black cars, especially those which have just been washed.
              There was a falconer who used his hawks to clear birds from a small airfield oop norf somewhere.

The b@stards recognised him and had him covered in guano before he could get from the door to the boot. They ignored everyone else

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Looking around the client site (lots of ponds and wildlife) I can only say I'm glad it wasn't a goose, I thought it was dog doo doo until I caught one in the act.

Something that big could kill a man if dropped from a great height.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Anybody familiar with Tobit chapter 2 verse 10 could have told you that.

Comment

I think you have it slightly the wrong way around. On Saturday I got the bird that had been pooing on my car and I had a poo on it. That night I won the jackpot.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X