• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's tough being a guy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's tough being a guy

It's hard to bear.
    I sat out in the garden on Sunday with a few tubes of fozzies and a bowl of pistachio nuts covered in salt pepper and chille flakes.
    I had a copy of 'Stig of the Dump' which I reckoned I could read cover to cover in two hours, but what with the beer and chatting to the missus etc etc, it took me four hours.
    So I got burned by the sun and I look like a bright red lobster.

Naturally I cant admit to the missus that I fcked up, so I say to her 'nah, doesnt hurt a bit, just a little tan, nothing to worry about.
    I had to take a bit of wood into the shower to bite, this morning, to stop me screeching when the red hot needles hit me.

It's hard to bear

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Wood in the shower, eh?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      ...........I had a copy of 'Stig of the Dump' which I reckoned I could read cover to cover in two hours,...........
      Are you 12?
      Stig of the Dump - FFS You are the pre-pubescent AndyW and I claim my £5

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Are you 12?
        Stig of the Dump - FFS You are the pre-pubescent AndyW and I claim my £5
        hey, watch it.
        Stig of the dump is a childrens classic, I thought I would read again it before passing it to the grandkids.
        It's great having something in common with them. We have heated discussions about 'the subtle knife' and whether polyjuice potion is actually real

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          hey, watch it.
          Stig of the dump is a childrens classic, I thought I would read again it before passing it to the grandkids.
          It's great having something in common with them. We have heated discussions about 'the subtle knife' and whether polyjuice potion is actually real

WHS, a childrens' classic is still a classic. In fact it's a good test if the book is actually any good if you still enjoy it as an adult despite the simple language.

I'd nominate 5 Children & It for an afternoon's reading in the sun. On the other hand I can't see the Dark Materials Trilogy being for children; the first book is OK but by the end it's hardly a clear plot (or a good story IMO).
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You can't beat "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

"Spot and the Big Red Ball". Keep coming back to it. A true calssic
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The Tiger Who Came To Tea

Comment

The mole who knew it was none of his business.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    WHS, a childrens' classic is still a classic. In fact it's a good test if the book is actually any good if you still enjoy it as an adult despite the simple language.
                    Go on then I will admit defeat.... "Stig of the Dump" is a classic! and I will start searching my local Charidy Shops for a copy forthwith.....

[Whisper]
                    Do you think anyone swallowed that??
                    [/Whisper]

Comment

Working...
                    X